Author Topic: Help finding missing brother born in 1931 England and taken to Wales.  (Read 431 times)

Offline worth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Help finding missing brother born in 1931 England and taken to Wales.
« on: Monday 08 January 24 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, i am really hoping someone will be able to help me. I am helping a friends mum try and locate a brother she had who was born in 1931 in Middlesex England and possibly taken to Wales as a small boy and adopted. I have found an electoral role on FindMyPast with the correct name and it gives his address as Blaenau Ffestiniog Gwynedd Wales. (I do have the full address but not able to put on here) the electoral roll states that he has lived at that address for the last 21 years up untill 2020 at least. Does any one know how i can maybe find out if he still lives there or if he is still around, i have thought about writing to him but as he would be in his late 80s i dont want to think the letter isnt genuine. If it is the correct gentleman he still has family in England that would love to have contact with him if of course he wanted that. What is the best way forward please. Thankyou in advance xx

Offline nestagj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help finding missing brother born in 1931 England and taken to Wales.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 January 24 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Unfortunately you're not allowed to name living people in this forum.  Edit your post and then do  three posts and see if someone can help you via Private Message.  Watch your emails to see if you get a reply.

Blaenau is an amazing communtiy where people care about their neighbours so there is a good chance you can get to the,m.

There are a few people localish to Blaenau Ffestiniog here, perhaps someone can point you in a right direction.   I do not believe there is a local Salvation Army branch but there is a very active church.   Here's a link to their website.

https://bromoelwyn.churchinwales.org.uk/

I have a friend who is local to the area and if you like I will contact them for you to see if they know them.
Nesta

Online DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 January 24 09:20 GMT (UK) »
He is in the BT phone book: www.thephonebook.bt.com

It might be better to remove his name from your post, in case scammers start messaging etc.

Offline worth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 09 January 24 10:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi and thankyou both for replying. I have removed his name from the post as suggested.

Nesta, yes please can you ask your friend if she knows him it would be very very much appreciated thankyou for your help. I will also contact the local church on the link you have given me and fingers crossed he can be located x

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 09 January 24 16:36 GMT (UK) »
Just to try and discount a recent death since 2020, you can do a quick check on the GRO website as they have deaths up to 2021 and also the HMRC probate search which is even more up to date.
Search online for an obituary too.

Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 09 January 24 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Just to try and discount a recent death since 2020, you can do a quick check on the GRO website as they have deaths up to 2021 and also the HMRC probate search which is even more up to date.
Search online for an obituary too.

I went through wills and probate and nothing recorded up till end 2023. As previously posted he does have a current telephone number.

SS

Offline worth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 09 January 24 16:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi softly softly, what place name did you put in for the bt phone book link, i have tried ffestiniog but nothing comes up and it wont let me just search on a name x

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 09 January 24 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Have sent worth a pm

SS