Author Topic: Elizabeth Jackson - Market Bosworth  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Jackson - Market Bosworth
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 25 January 24 00:39 GMT (UK) »
Neale I'd be interested how confident you are that Elizabeth is related to Thomas/William/Mary?

Elizabeth? There are few --- if you mean ELizabeth (Jackson) OLDACRES, then I am very confident they are related. You have so many links to support this!

Once again, I would recommend finding the full marriage information for Thomas in 1852 to Hannah HEATH.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 25 January 24 00:51 GMT (UK) »
I'd be interested in how confident you are that the father John Jackson is the one from Barwell, father Thomas and Mary. I'd like to find John Jackson's burial as we have Elizabeths.

I think there is a lot in favour of this being correct, but as we are before census records, often things are less certain. There is a good link between Elizabeth JACKSON born 1773 Barwell and your Market Boswell Jacksons. Also the naming patterns in the Market Boswell families would suggest Thomas and Mary are strong contenders as ancestors. (A pity that neither John nor Thomas appear to have had children to add weight to the family names).

I agree, it would be good to find John's burial. FindMyPast seems to have more records for your area of interest than on other sights.
Best luck with continuing your research into your family. 
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline Zakerias

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 25 January 24 07:59 GMT (UK) »
I'd be interested in how confident you are that the father John Jackson is the one from Barwell, father Thomas and Mary. I'd like to find John Jackson's burial as we have Elizabeths.

I think there is a lot in favour of this being correct, but as we are before census records, often things are less certain. There is a good link between Elizabeth JACKSON born 1773 Barwell and your Market Boswell Jacksons. Also the naming patterns in the Market Boswell families would suggest Thomas and Mary are strong contenders as ancestors. (A pity that neither John nor Thomas appear to have had children to add weight to the family names).

I agree, it would be good to find John's burial. FindMyPast seems to have more records for your area of interest than on other sights.
Best luck with continuing your research into your family.

Thank you Neale  :)

Offline Zakerias

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 26 January 24 15:46 GMT (UK) »
Sarah Jackson death Market Bosworth OCT-NOV-DEC 1840

29 November 1840 Ibstock, Sarah Jackson, Female, 76 Years, Wife of William Jackson (Farmer),?, William Jackson occupier(?) Ibstock, 4 December 1840

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 26 January 24 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Sarah Jackson, “the witness” may be a mystery forever. :D