Author Topic: Ordering Army Military Records from WW2 - is it the TNA or MOD now?  (Read 213 times)

Offline vicky19

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Ordering Army Military Records from WW2 - is it the TNA or MOD now?
« on: Wednesday 10 January 24 11:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Ive not ordered military records for a while and a friend has asked me to order some for them. Their Grandad was in the Army and served in WW2 and Burma. Has everything moved over to the TNA now so I order from them or do I still request the records from the MOD? And do we need proper certified birth and death certificates or will a pdf do if they ask for one? Many Thanks Vicky
Lillywhite, Dwane, Hatchett, Curtis, Giuliani, Payne, Meen, Rockliff, Leopold, Winney, True, Groombridge, Middleton, Agombar, Scanlon, Grice, Vezey, Hindley, Cannell, Welch

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Ordering Army Military Records from WW2 - is it the TNA or MOD now?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 January 24 12:57 GMT (UK) »

Have a look at this URL link-

https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-records-of-service/apply-for-the-records-of-a-deceased-serviceperson

Quote:
When you apply online for a British Army or Home Guard record, the MOD will check if they hold it. If they have it, they’ll send it to you. If they do not, you’ll be told to check The National Archives.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline vicky19

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Ordering Army Military Records from WW2 - is it the TNA or MOD now?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 January 24 13:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks.
Lillywhite, Dwane, Hatchett, Curtis, Giuliani, Payne, Meen, Rockliff, Leopold, Winney, True, Groombridge, Middleton, Agombar, Scanlon, Grice, Vezey, Hindley, Cannell, Welch