Author Topic: Barnfather Family Wetheral Lanercost Kirkoswald  (Read 109 times)

Offline Christopher Earl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Barnfather Family Wetheral Lanercost Kirkoswald
« on: Wednesday 10 January 24 17:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi the Barnfather family in Wetheral are ancestors of mine . John Barnfather b 1763 Wetheral Cumberland d 1829 ? and Ann Atkinson b 1761 Wetheral d 1829 ? . I have examined various online trees Familysearch Ancestry Wikitree . I have not been able to research English records yet but my ancestor Jane Barnfather b Wetheral 1794 married 1 James Adamson then my ancestor 2 George Graham a Tailor from Stapleton and was living at Hillbeck . Jane was daughter of John and Ann . John Barnfather line in Wetheral is already documented in a rootschat piece of research . But these trees and other records in sites Find My Past Ancestry Familysearch etc suggest he descends from the Lanercost Barnfather family and in turn right back to Gilbert Barnfather and his father Robert in Swarthgill Kirkoswald near Penrith . I noticed something else that the Barnfather family according to a DNA project descend from Viking blood and that in Britain they go back to a Barnfather in Lapley Staffordshire with the name previously being Barnfeilde sounds Danish . I’m aware the Barnfather family is one of largest northern families in Cumberland and Northumberland. In this regard they were usually on the receiving end of reivers or border reivers but some sources suggest they were reivers . It would be interesting if anyone had an accurate Barnfather family tree that they could send me thank you Chris .