Author Topic: Judith Pigne and Pierre Aumonier Marriage Document 1721 in French  (Read 365 times)

Online Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Judith Pigne and Pierre Aumonier Marriage Document 1721 in French
« on: Wednesday 10 January 24 21:14 GMT (UK) »
Any help with this would be welcomed. I realise it is quite blurred. She lived in Tower Hamlets area of London and so the French Church maybe was Bethnal Green or even Westminster, St. Annes.
For sure a Huguenot French Church.

A friend found it for me on Ancestry and it says La Patente being the French Huguenot Church in Spitalfields, Middlesex.

Family Information
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/MG2W-WRK

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Judith Pigne and Pierre Aumonier Marriage Document 1721 in French
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 January 24 13:49 GMT (UK) »
There are a few small words and abbreviations that I can't make out, but I think the gist of it is this:

Pierre Aumosnier, native of London, son of Pierre and [...] Francoise ?Biget
Judith Pigné, native of London, daughter of David Pigné and Marie Bernard
Married in this church, banns having been published on three consecutive Sundays without any opposition

Entry signed by Pierre Aumosnier, Judith Pigné, Pierre Ausmonier, David Pigné
M. Colombe - Minister; Pierre Maillard - [...] Secretary

The date at the top is September 1721, I think probably the 29th.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 January 24 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the help with that Document.

That seems to make sense to me and have the Baptism Document showing birth in La Patente a French Huguenot Church in Spitalfields Middx. So yes, very pleased with your translation which has helped trace other documents now.

Just to add...So Francoise Biget thought maybe Bigot but more inclined to believe Biget now, is Judith Pigne's Mother in Law and the spelling of Aumosnier is one that I see often as well.

Your translation now.
''Pierre Aumosnier, native of London, son of Pierre and [...] Francoise ?Biget
Judith Pigné, native of London, daughter of David Pigné and Marie Bernard
Married in this church, banns having been published on three consecutive Sundays without any opposition

Entry signed by Pierre Aumosnier, Judith Pigné, Pierre Ausmonier, David Pigné
M. Colombe - Minister; Pierre Maillard - [...] Secretary

The date at the top is September 1721, I think probably the 29th.''

Online Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Judith Pigne and Pierre Aumonier Marriage Document 1721 in French....SOLVED
« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 January 24 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Solved

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 12 January 24 19:56 GMT (UK) »
I've just got the word before Francoise - 'feue', which means 'late'. Google quotes a definition that translates as 'recently deceased', but I'm inclined to reserve judgement on that. However, it gives you a burial to look for....
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Online Zefiro

• RootsChat Veteran
  • breeze from the west
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 12 January 24 21:04 GMT (UK) »
I've just got the word before Francoise - 'feue', which means 'late'. Google quotes a definition that translates as 'recently deceased', but I'm inclined to reserve judgement on that. However, it gives you a burial to look for....

feu (female feue, plural feus) just means deceased (nothing more, nothing less). You were right with your  doubts, because that definition is simply incorrect.

Online Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 12 January 24 21:23 GMT (UK) »
Thanks both,
She died before the next Wife Marie Vinuange which occurred on 29th May 1720.....just looking for the document...

Looking at that now from my last evenings post that cannot be the right unless the first marriage had been dissolved....I will come back to this after a search again.

I looked at my Tree and could see that I had mixed up the Father and Son both Pierre Aumoniers who also married twice...
The 2nd Wife was Ann Aborman(Aberman) and the Marriage Banns were published in 1756 the year after Judith Pigne had died.

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 13 January 24 10:56 GMT (UK) »
I'll leave you to disentangle who married whom and when, but the gist of this one is that Pierre Aumosnier and Marie Vinuange married on 29 May 1720. Both were widowed ('homme veuf' and 'veufve' - modern spelling 'veuve') and were living in Spitlefields [sic] in the parish of Stepney, and both had been born in Poitou. The exact place names are given, but it would take a bit more time to work them out and how they might be spelled now.

Marie's previous husband is named as Pierre de Come.

Online Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 13 January 24 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Yes entangled with Pierres and more Pierres for a starter, but thanks for that information on Marie Vinuange and the translation also which is always so appreciated.
I could not see how to delete the document that did not relate to that post but will try and find that out sometime.

I will add the Marriage Banns dated 1756 for Ann Aborman/Aberman the 2nd wife and Pierre Aumonier the Born in 1702 one. Judith Pigne died in 1755 so all in order now.