Author Topic: Robert James Craig STOREY WW1 1920  (Read 276 times)

Offline trevalyn

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert James Craig STOREY WW1 1920
« on: Friday 12 January 24 12:41 GMT (UK) »
ROBERT JAMES CRAIG STOREY died on 16 May 1920 after serving with the Machine Gun Corps. Aged 27, he was the son of Joseph and Isabella Storey (nee Craig). Robert was born at Aughalish, Randalstown (3 Mar 1892) and died at Feehogue, Randalstown. He had at least seven siblings -Mary, Agnes, Joseph, David, William, Isabella and Julia. The family were Presbyterian.
I am trying to find where Robert - one of the "Forgotten Soldiers" -is buried. His name does not appear in the records of any of the Council's cemeteries so presumably he is buried in a church graveyard around Randalstown. I would be very grateful for any information which would identify the graveyard in question.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: ROBERT JAMES CRAIG STOREY WW1 1920
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 January 24 23:13 GMT (UK) »
I can’t see a death notice for Robert but in 1936 there is one in the Belfast Newsletter for Isabella Craig Storey to Randlestown O.C burying ground so perhaps Robert is in the same place.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 January 24 08:02 GMT (UK) »
Belfast Telegraph, 17 May 1920:
STOREY - May 16, 1920, at Fechogue, Randalstown, Robert J.C. (late R.N.A.S.), second son of the late Joseph and Isabella Storey. Funeral on to-momorrow (Tuesday), at 1 p.m., to Randalstown O.C. Deeply regretted by his Mother, Brothers, and Sisters.

Online Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline trevalyn

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 13 January 24 11:40 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, everybody. That looks pretty conclusive - plus one of his sisters was married in that church.  I will proceed along that line