Author Topic: William Grimason & Isabella Sprint  (Read 833 times)

Offline Alan of Kaslo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Grimason & Isabella Sprint
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 18 January 24 18:23 GMT (UK) »
I have seen mistakes on wedding docs for father's name. It drove me crazy , I had one that said it was Samuel , so everyone had Samuel in their trees. I took the time , did the research and it was definitely John. A clerical mistake...

It said Thomas on William's death cert ...

There is for sure a Thomas Grimason who is a weaver near Portadown at the right time. But there is no candidate for an Archibald Grimison weaver anywhere.

Other then Sarah and Elizabeth whom I guessed were his siblings , I have not seen any list of brothers or sisters for William Grimason 1836-1918.  Have you seen any reference to siblings for William?

Stewart. Scott. Bruce. McPherson. McMurray. McKibbin . McKay. McCann. Mckrinkine. McClewnan. McCallum. Joss. Ross. Morrison. Chapman. Middlemiss. Robinson. Conlon. Duffy. Dalgarno. Crookshank. Gammack. Ramsay. Mutch. Crawford. Orr. Galbraith. Kerr. Fergusson. Campbell.

Offline Alan of Kaslo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 18 January 24 20:05 GMT (UK) »
In the Griffith's Valuation there are 2 Thomas Grimasons.

https://www.grimason.kiwi/data-indexes/ireland/

Thomas Grimason County: Armagh, Parish: Loughgall, Location: Town of Charlemont Page: 293
No. & Letters of reference to Map: 20 / 69, Immediate Lessors: David Alderdice

Thomas J. Grimmason County: Armagh, Parish: Drumcree, Location: Drumnakelly Page: 188
No. & Letters of reference to Map: 20, Immediate Lessors: Alexander D. Kelly

Thomas J Grimason of Drumnakelly I believe is the one related to Elizabeth Freeman and Sarah Grimason.

Marriage of THOMAS GRIMASON and MARY MAGEE
on 09 December 1852

This Thomas was from the tailors of Portadown:

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1852/09434/5417687.pdf

Marriage of THOMAS GRIMASON and DINAH WATSON
on 28 December 1859

This Thomas James Grimason -weaver married as a minor in 1859

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1859/09574/5471600.pdf

The Thomas we are looking for had a child marrying in 1856

Even the Thomas Grimason to Sarah Stewart wedding is later then the 1836 birth of William...

Thomas Grimason
UK Marriage List, 1655 - 1992

Marriage: Apr 1 1843 - C.I., Portadown/Drumc, Co. Armagh, Northern Ireland
    Wife: Sarah Stewart

Stewart. Scott. Bruce. McPherson. McMurray. McKibbin . McKay. McCann. Mckrinkine. McClewnan. McCallum. Joss. Ross. Morrison. Chapman. Middlemiss. Robinson. Conlon. Duffy. Dalgarno. Crookshank. Gammack. Ramsay. Mutch. Crawford. Orr. Galbraith. Kerr. Fergusson. Campbell.

Offline katmandu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 20 January 24 20:58 GMT (UK) »
Alan, thank you for all the great tips.  My eyes have dried out trying to dig through them.  I will get back tomorrow again.