Author Topic: Boggs family  (Read 193 times)

Offline Itchy1960

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Boggs family
« on: Sunday 14 January 24 23:33 GMT (UK) »
I've just discovered this site after googling my dads name Thomas Samuel boggs I did see a few posts of people wishing to find more of the family my great grandfather Robert boggs was captain of the osseo went it went down at Holyhead on new years eve in 1894 any info would be much appreciated

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Boggs family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 January 24 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat

Have you read this thread?

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=758132.0
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Boggs family
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 January 24 10:56 GMT (UK) »

Welcome from me also  :)

https://www.wrecksite.eu/wreck.aspx?67229

The OSSEO was a steel barque built in Londonderry for the McCorkell Line in 1889. She carried Indian corn, wheat, flour, coals and general cargo. Her trading voyages took her from Londonderry to Montevideo, Philadelphia, San Franciso [sic].

On December 30th, 1894, OSSEO was on route from Taltal, Chile to Ardrossan, when she was lost on Holyhead breakwater, after a series of severe gales. No one of the crew of 26 survived the wreck.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Raybistre

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile