Author Topic: Marriage in Limerick Cathedral 1827  (Read 501 times)

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage in Limerick Cathedral 1827
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 16 January 24 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Havng reread the marriage notification and looking at my Maunsell notes, I don't think that George Maunsell of Milford had a daughter called Mary.
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline aus*jen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage in Limerick Cathedral 1827
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 16 January 24 10:55 GMT (UK) »
I will reserve judgment on that jc26red until I can see the registers of St. Mary and St John both
churches that recorded baptisms of the George Maunsell family.  Not every child of George Maunsell
has been recorded by researchers.  Just today I located a daughter of George and Frances, Helena,
who died in 1805, there could be several more as there are gaps in the baptism dates of their
children.  Added to this Mary's daughter Frances Maria bears a remarkable likeness to the image
of her possible uncle Rev. Robert Maunsell.  She is a Maunsell descendant and has a connection
to the Frances Fitzgerald Magrath line but where she fits into that line remains to be discovered.

Limerick General Advertiser 10.1.1805  (death)  Last Sunday evening at the Customs House Miss Helena Maunsell daughter of George Maunsell Esq. Collector.

LGA (marriage) 22.5.1812.  On Friday last (15/5) by special licence at Monkstown church near Dublin Thomas Grady jun. Esq. of Belmont County Limerick to Julia, eldest daughter of George
Maunsell Esq.
This is the daughter of George Maunsell's marriage to Anne Smythe and noted in reply #9 by
jc26red.

Freeman's Journal 21.8.1793   At the Customs House Limerick the lady of George Maunsell Esq.
Collector, of a daughter.

So here are two daughters not previously mentioned by researchers, I can't dismiss the
possibility of the existence of Mary.
Boland   NSW, Australia
Gibbs   S.Aust. & Queensland
Jennings NSW, Australia
Page  Coventry UK, Queensland Aust.
Sellars (Sellard) Gloucestershire
Kirby  Lechlade, Gloucestershire
Hampshire  Stepney, Middlesex & Hampshire
Goddard,  Isle of Wight
Cushen, Isle of Wight
Keys,  Tyrone Ireland & NSW Australia