Author Topic: SA: Thomas and Stephen TRUBEE, born Iver, Bucks  (Read 190 times)

Offline BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
SA: Thomas and Stephen TRUBEE, born Iver, Bucks
« on: Friday 19 January 24 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

The Adelaide Observer reported on 16/11/1861 that Stephen TRUBEE had been killed in an accident at Teatree Gulley.   On 27/05/1861 his younger brother, Thomas TRUBEE, had sailed from WA aboard the Kestrel for SA.   

Both brothers, born 1819 and 1829 respectively in Iver, Buckinghamshire, were convicts, having been found guilty of burglary in 1841.  Stephen was transported to VDL in 1841 and Thomas to WA in 1844
                 (NB: Thomas was a "Parkhurst Boy" and treated differently to Stephen).

My interest lies solely with Thomas.   I can find no information for him after he migrated to SA, other than details of his wife, Mary, and son, James, who he left behind in WA.    I have researched SA and WA BDM Indexes, together with TROVE, but can find no further mention of him.  Can anyone help please?

Thank you,

BAC3

Offline BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: SA: Thomas and Stephen TRUBEE, born Iver, Bucks
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 January 24 15:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello garstonite,

Thank you for the information.   Yes, their parents were Stephen TRUBEE and Phoebe (nee RUTTER).   Unfortunately I do not subscribe to that website.

BAC3

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 January 24 08:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello garstonite,

Thank you for the information.   Yes, their parents were Stephen TRUBEE and Phoebe (nee RUTTER).   Unfortunately I do not subscribe to that website.

BAC3

I don't think you have to 'subscribe' as such. 

I just clicked on the link and was able to get straight to Garstonite's findings. 

Offline BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 20 January 24 09:14 GMT (UK) »

Unfortunately, both entries on Geneanet are marked "Access to this record is reserved for Premium members"!!