Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 28th January  (Read 3215 times)

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 28th January
« Reply #18 on: Friday 26 January 24 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Lovely sunny day here today too, washing on the line but still quite chilly… it will smell of fresh air though when I bring it in!

Good to see you return LM, sorry to hear about your car, so frustrating for you so 🤞it will be something simple!

Gillg I did have a smile of a card with a line of washing… I shall now have to and see what my grandsons put on our home made cards as to what it says they think of us 😂😂.

Our holiday insurance is with our bank account but there are always conditions they decide to suddenly remove… now my OH’s new hips are not considered ‘a medical condition’! But he is covered but his irregular heart beat isn’t despite having it for over 20+ yrs! Looking into other insurers the cost is ridiculous and they want to cover everything but we’ve already got cover with the bank 🤷‍♀️😤.. what to do? Who knows!

Viktoria really pleased for you regarding your eyes, I’m sure you must have felt on cloud 9!
Have a good day all and enjoy the sun if you’ve got it.

Caroline

Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 26 January 24 12:15 GMT (UK) »
My apologies  Viktoria,  forgot to say I was pleased about your eye results, as Caw1 says you must be on cloud 9, reminds me I need to make an appt for my eyes.

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 26 January 24 12:40 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Caroline, yes I am ,it has been ongoing since January 2020, as the Glaucoma worsened ,from pressure  of19 to 49 now 9, the many procedures and operations have been worth the hassle and inconvenience .
I am very lucky to get so much treatment.
I was diagnosed with Glaucoma over 40 years ago so have been using drops
a long time and it was stable at 19 but sudden it it soared .

Not sure what has happened but Geneva Convention involved re Israel and Gaza.

A bright sunny morning after a rainy night. Cold but not freezing.

Managed to find a new salad drawer shelf for my fridge ,after D&G wrote it off.
I can have a new fridge but I pay for installation( built in )and disposal of the old one.A couple of hundred pound I wouldn’t be surprised so I searched around and found Ransom Spares , cost £12 plus post and packaging so £16.
I will enjoy the battle with D&G although as I am saving them a few hundred pounds including delivery and installation they may come quietly .

Sorry about your car L.M.it has been a long worry for you.

Well work calls so Cheerio folks.
Look after yourselves.
Viktoria.

P.S. L.M.you must have posted as I was typing ,thanks for your kind wishes .
V.

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 26 January 24 18:15 GMT (UK) »
Rather shocked with by our holiday insurance price which has doubled since last year! (See my earlier message)  Of course we have aged by a year, so I was expecting a bit of a rise.   We phoned around but the prices were similar everywhere.  The insurance from the bank doesn't cover people of our age (80s), I'm afraid.  Even though we are pretty fit and are only going to Europe and not doing any dangerous activities, let alone cruises, and we only want basic cover.   It doesn't pay to get old, folks.:'(
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 26 January 24 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Good Travel Insurance is worth every penny it costs as I found out in 2022. On my holiday that summer I was knocked down in Interlaken by a man on an electric bicycle. My insurers paid out for everything new train tickets home from Switzerland, hotel bills for the days I was in hospital not in the hotel, new specs, new hearing aid, ambulance costs. The hospital bills were covered under the ehic scheme. Filling in the forms on my return were a nightmare but a friend who used to work in insurance helped and insisted I claimed for everything. I did as I was told and the claim was paid in full.

The only thing the insurers queried was why hadn’t I contacted their help line whilst I was in hospital. I had to confess that their help line telephone number was with my ehic card and the insurance papers in my hotel room safe! Now I carry a card with the relevant numbers on when I’m on my travels.

Surprisingly my insurance didn’t cost more when it was renewed last September.

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 26 January 24 18:34 GMT (UK) »
I see your point Gillig but old age is better than the alternative!

When you think we are less likely to end up in A&E stoned out of our minds,less likely to drive recklessly , less likely to be  on drugs other than prescribed ones , we ought to get a reduction!

Pigs might fly!
Viktoria.

P.S Gillig , good ,but it was not your fault or your state of health that caused the accudent so only fair it was not  uncreased but a rise due to general tiding orices would have been understandable.
Which company is it? ::)
I am pleased for you.
Viktoria.

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 26 January 24 18:49 GMT (UK) »
My Travel Insurers are All Clear. My insurance is affected by my being a Cancer Patient and having Asthma.I’m still in my 70s.

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 26 January 24 19:41 GMT (UK) »
We used Mia for foreign travel but on the odd occasion when we travelled with a Travel Company found it easy to use the one they were affiliated to.

I want to go to Ireland ,our localism travel company Ellen Smith have been good , I will see what they have .
Thanks for that.
Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 26 January 24 20:05 GMT (UK) »
Well  I  knew things were going  too well for too long, my car that died on  us today needs a new suspension  spring on the drivers side, £700, also suggested we have the nearside one done, double the price but if I don't have it done I will be constantly  worried whilst I am out driving, not that I drive very far now since my accident last year, fortunate,y my husband hadn't driven far and was able to limp home very very slowly.

Been a beautiful day today, let's hope tomorrow is the same

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London