Author Topic: Translation Please what does notorious fr l.lanrhaiadr Muchnant Wales mean Pleas  (Read 453 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Translation Please what does notorious fr l.lanrhaiadr Muchnant Wales mean Pleas
« Reply #9 on: Friday 26 January 24 00:08 GMT (UK) »
Re the spelling:

LM and I, both 'native' of the area, tend to refer to  Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant, although i rather than e is often found

https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/DEN/LlanrhaeadrMochnant

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline RickyJack

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Translation Please what does notorious fr l.lanrhaiadr Muchnant Wales mean Pleas
« Reply #10 on: Friday 26 January 24 01:47 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou

7 Sept 1812  Thomas, son of Edward and Margaret, of Pantglas

Ive been looking at Ancestry the "Denbighshire Wales Anglican Bap, Marr, Burials 1557-1994"  for other kids belonging to Edward and Margaret and no luck
 This is important as Thomas said he had 3 brothers William John and Richard Richards....however there are two potentials on find my Past Thomas Richards born 1812 Llancadwaladr and a Thomas Richards born 1816..It makes a huge difference having a very likely birth place from the newspaper snippert of the trial, so I think young Gadget may be on the money...Thankyou all
A complement from Australia, ya all worth ya weight in Ice Cream...doesnt get any better than that
Thanks again Rick