Author Topic: Ronald James McDonnell  (Read 137 times)

Offline PaulJC

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ronald James McDonnell
« on: Saturday 27 January 24 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I originally posted a request for help on the Midlothian board as I had guessed that my man was from Scotland but hit a blank.
What I do know is that he was living at 68 Wilbraham Road, Fallowfield, Manchester 14 in 1946 and I was hoping that someone with access to electoral registers etc may be able to provide some additional information.
Ronald James McDonnell was a career soldier having joined a Scottish territorial regiment as early as 1928 and then the regular army in 1933. He won an award in 1946 and this was posted to the address above.
Thanks,
Paul
I lived in Ardwick, Manchester in the early 1960s as a small child and much travelling of the world has now led me to want to know more about my roots. Carter, Beckwith, Connolly, Heron and Kelly are all names that form part of my family tree.

Offline Comberton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ronald James McDonnell
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 January 24 10:44 GMT (UK) »

Offline PaulJC

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronald James McDonnell
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 January 24 10:50 GMT (UK) »
I lived in Ardwick, Manchester in the early 1960s as a small child and much travelling of the world has now led me to want to know more about my roots. Carter, Beckwith, Connolly, Heron and Kelly are all names that form part of my family tree.