Author Topic: Morgan Richards 1825 - 1900 (est) - Establish Birth records and Parents Details  (Read 278 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Morgan Richards 1825 - 1900 (est) - Establish Birth records and Parents Details
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 27 January 24 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Witnesses are probably no help, Henry Williams also witnessed the next wedding.  Morgan also witnessed the next wedding which was of William who was his witness  ::)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Morgan Richards 1825 - 1900 (est) - Establish Birth records and Parents Details
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 27 January 24 15:46 GMT (UK) »
Parish records for St Peter's, Aberystuth  are with the National Library of Wales.
Nant-y-Glo, Holy Trinity Church was founded in 1844.

I use GenUKI.org.uk for historical references etc.
See: https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/MON/Aberystruth

Thanks for this - have tripped over these sites before, but not yet developed the reuired skills to find the information I need from these.   Seems to be a mix of free and paid.  I havrn't found the right spot so far, but will keep looking.  If you are aware of a specific link within either of these sites that may help me, please copy and paste the link on here so I can dig furher.

GenUKI is a free site. ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Family2024

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 27 January 24 16:34 GMT (UK) »
Belated Welcome to rootschat & thank you for the details I asked for  :)

Not sure if I'm allowed to include copy of image from Parish records from 1850 - surely this doesn't break copyright???

You cannot post any images on a 'Look up board'.  Normally rootschat only allows 'snippets' of images and not full images  :)

Thanks for the welcome. 

I'm not familiar with what a "Look up board" is as yet, I will have to add to list of things to learn. 
I don't seem to have an option to add an attachment enabled, unless I'm missing something.   It doesn't seem to correlate to the help here...      https://www.rootschat.com/help/posting.php   

I have tried a different browser just in case but no option to add attachment.   I can happily crop images, when needed, but will try to avoid where I can.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 27 January 24 16:52 GMT (UK) »
The heading at the top of this page   :)
RootsChat.Com »Wales (Counties as in 1851-1901) »Wales »Monmouthshire »Monmouthshire Lookup Requests »

It is ages since I posted a topic  ;D

Starting from here, select the County
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/england/#theposts

Ignore the sub boards
eg 

Sub Boards:
Bedfordshire Completed Look ups
Bedfordshire Resources & Offers

and select New Topic below them.

That will allow you to attach things.  You may need to give whatever you are posting a unique name to get it to post
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Family2024

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 27 January 24 17:14 GMT (UK) »
The heading at the top of this page   :)
RootsChat.Com »Wales (Counties as in 1851-1901) »Wales »Monmouthshire »Monmouthshire Lookup Requests »

It is ages since I posted a topic  ;D

Starting from here, select the County
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/england/#theposts
OK so I seem to be able to add attachements at country level and county level but not county / subtopic level.

Ignore the sub boards
eg 

Sub Boards:
Bedfordshire Completed Look ups
Bedfordshire Resources & Offers

and select New Topic below them.

That will allow you to attach things.  You may need to give whatever you are posting a unique name to get it to post

I have added an image related to this chat here...

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=879847.new#new

It seems to like country and or Country / county levels when adding attachments, but not dropping down any lower levels.

Hopefully that's ok?    I think I'll probably avoid adding too many images, in this case.

Offline Family2024

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 27 January 24 17:57 GMT (UK) »
There is  a Morgan Richards death registered Bedwellty 1885 age 57.

In 1881 census the registration district listed is Bedwellty and he is 55 years old.

ADDED
1891 census 94 Queen Street Aberystruth Monmouthshire

M A Richards 62 widow born Somersetshire (ancestry has M H Richards but it's an A)
Christiana   24 daughter   born Garn Fach?
Robert 14  son   born Risca Monmouthshire

Thanks for that, solved some bits, but as is often the case has created some more puzzles.  Robert was a Grandson with surname of Jones in previous Census  Garn Vach has appeared in records before and I have later Census for Christiana too.   

You're a wizard - any further wizardry on Morgans birth / parents would be super!

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 27 January 24 18:39 GMT (UK) »
The only thing I can find so far is 1841 Llanover Upper 

David Herbert 25   weaver not born in County
June/Jane  ditto 40    not born in County
Morgan Richards 10         born in County
Edmund Richards 5          born in County

Notes
First daughter was registered as Mary June 1852 although later she goes by Jane

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 27 January 24 20:13 GMT (UK) »

It seems to like country and or Country / county levels when adding attachments, but not dropping down any lower levels.

Hopefully that's ok?    I think I'll probably avoid adding too many images, in this case.

You can an attachment to most boards and sub-boards, but not all ;)
Any board titled "xxxxx Lookup Requests" cannot accept attachments.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)