Author Topic: Suzanne Jaulain Translation of death document in French  (Read 367 times)

Offline Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Suzanne Jaulain Translation of death document in French
« on: Saturday 27 January 24 18:11 GMT (UK) »
Whilst trying to sort out the several Suzanne Jaulian's with a friends help as he has Ancestry Subscription still...This was found which did alarm me as my tree with one Suzanne Jaulain (married to Jacque Macouin that I had posted about already) was the same Parents...was, as now I have deleted them.
Very poor and sorry for that..as before shout if unable to read it...
Spelling is often incorrect btw.

Offline Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Suzanne Jaulain Translation of death document in French
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 January 24 18:14 GMT (UK) »
the Typed document now.

Offline Zefiro

• RootsChat Veteran
  • breeze from the west
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 January 24 20:35 GMT (UK) »
Not that much information, but are you sure this is a death register?  I have my doubts because of 2 reasons:
1. There's no mention of the words death, burial, churchyard
2. too many entries on the same day

I suspect it has something to do with their religion (changing from catholic to protestant or vice versa), but I'm not 100% sure. Susanne's mother is also mentionned in the middle of the page (as the widow of Mathurin Joulin), but I don't understand why.
So sad you already deleted them from your tree, because they still might be part of it.

The 2 lines concerned:
Ledit jour Susanne Joulin agée de 17 dix sept ans
fille de feu Mathurin Joulin et de Marie Bruneteau.

On the said day Susanne Joulin, 17 years old, daughter of the late Mathurin Joulin and Marie Bruneteau.

Offline Zefiro

• RootsChat Veteran
  • breeze from the west
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 27 January 24 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Which village is this?
Enjambes, Lusignan or another one?

Offline Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 27 January 24 20:47 GMT (UK) »
Firstly I got sent the two Documents. Obviously the typed one speaks. The handwritten one I could not read except for vague names and so presumed would be the match to the typed one.
I thought it seemed vague though for a burial...

Mathurin Jaulain info from a tree off geneanet...some are different than this but it gives a picture that might help..
Deceased before 1685 - Rouillé, 86213, Vienne, Poitou-Charentes, France
Laboureur à Souillault de Rouillé.

Spouses and children
Married about 1667 to Marie BRUNETEAU, born about 1652 - Rouillé, 86213, Vienne, Poitou-Charentes, France, deceased before September 22, 1694 - Rouillé, 86213, Vienne, Poitou-Charentes, France (Parents : M Pierre BRUNETEAU ca 1605-/1694 &  F Marie GUITTON ca 1622-) with
F Suzanne JAULAIN 1668  Married to Jacques MACOUIN †
M Pierre JAULAIN 1671-
F Magdeleine JAULAIN 1673-  Married June 3, 1699 (Wednesday), Enjambes, 86139, Vienne, Poitou-Charentes, France, to Jean BAROT 1671-
F Marie JAULAIN 1676-  Married June 3, 1699 (Wednesday), Enjambes, 86139, Vienne, Poitou-Charentes, France, to Jean ROLLAND 1663-

Notes
Individual Note
Est ce Mathurin fils de Pierre Jaulain X Jeanne Bruneteau ? Vraisemblable : voir liens parents via patronyme Bruneteau ..

Ou fils de Mathurin X Marguerite Marsault ?

Sources
Spouse: MR Sire Tome 1 p 653/654, Tome 3 p 92

Offline Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 27 January 24 21:12 GMT (UK) »
I can reinstate them but if you saw my searching today, just wonder ::).. adding and taking people off again, my poor tree....adding wrong generations even.  Just lacking documents to find on these confusing French relatives. I found the Lusignan book for Baptisms Marriages and Deaths for 1680-1755 but the writing was very bad overall.

Rouille seems to be most likely btw with mention of Emjambes as well.

Offline Zefiro

• RootsChat Veteran
  • breeze from the west
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 27 January 24 21:14 GMT (UK) »
https://archives-deux-sevres-vienne.fr/ark:/28387/vtaacb0b55db38abaa6/daogrp/0/1/idsearch:RECH_d204d80aa584b4f51276aa9b56d43f92?id=https%3A%2F%2Farchives-deux-sevres-vienne.fr%2Fark%3A%2F28387%2Fvtaacb0b55db38abaa6%2Fcanvas%2F0%2F37&vx=2332.84&vy=-2121.26&vr=0&vz=7.33188
navigate to page 37/105, last entry (Susanne) and to page 38/105, first entry (for her brother Pierre).
Unless you believe that half of the village died that day, you'll see that something else happened there this periode.
What? "Ils ont fait abjuration".
Abjuration is the thing here. Anc*** is wrong here, very wrong!

Offline Zefiro

• RootsChat Veteran
  • breeze from the west
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 27 January 24 21:31 GMT (UK) »
I found a lenghthy text that explains the abjuration

https://archives-deux-sevres-vienne.fr/ark:/28387/vta32000390125e2ada/daogrp/0/1/idsearch:RECH_d204d80aa584b4f51276aa9b56d43f92?id=https%3A%2F%2Farchives-deux-sevres-vienne.fr%2Fark%3A%2F28387%2Fvta32000390125e2ada%2Fcanvas%2F0%2F7&vx=2705.57&vy=-1088.54&vr=0&vz=5.77067
page 7/133

a faict abjuration de l'hérésie de Calvin et a faict profession de la foy de l'eglise catholique apostolique et romaine

'renounced the heresy of Calvin and professed the faith of the Apostolic and Roman Catholic Church'

Offline Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 27 January 24 21:45 GMT (UK) »
I made a reply saying about the Adjuration and then saw a post from you so lost it.
Yes Calvinism was there following and I have read a lot about their strict Protestant Religion.
Question I was to ask you was is the burial a true burial document then?