Author Topic: Suzanne Jaulain Translation of death document in French  (Read 368 times)

Online Zefiro

• RootsChat Veteran
  • breeze from the west
    • View Profile
Re: Suzanne Jaulain Translation of death document in French
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 27 January 24 21:50 GMT (UK) »
I made a reply saying about the Adjuration and then saw a post from you so lost it.
Yes Calvinism was there following and I have read a lot about their strict Protestant Religion.
Question I was to ask you was is the burial a true burial document then?

Susanne and Pierre did NOT die that day, they are in this register (among many many others) because the priest wrote down the names of those who 'chose' to abjure their Protestant religion.

Offline Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 27 January 24 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Wow....that is good but so alarming and the fear of course was the driving force. Thanks for your through searching which I hope you can see how useful it is to people like myself.

Thankful for my view that in France for a long time Religion is not taught in State Schools.

Offline Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 28 January 24 15:31 GMT (UK) »
I found a lenghthy text that explains the abjuration

https://archives-deux-sevres-vienne.fr/ark:/28387/vta32000390125e2ada/daogrp/0/1/idsearch:RECH_d204d80aa584b4f51276aa9b56d43f92?id=https%3A%2F%2Farchives-deux-sevres-vienne.fr%2Fark%3A%2F28387%2Fvta32000390125e2ada%2Fcanvas%2F0%2F7&vx=2705.57&vy=-1088.54&vr=0&vz=5.77067
page 7/133

a faict abjuration de l'hérésie de Calvin et a faict profession de la foy de l'eglise catholique apostolique et romaine

'renounced the heresy of Calvin and professed the faith of the Apostolic and Roman Catholic Church'

I could make out a few words only but thanks for the input on this and I was determined this morning to reinstate Mathurin Jaulain and Marie Bruneteau as Suzanne Jaulian B.1668 parents....
not only that I almost solved the two Suzanne Jaulains I have mainly concentrated on lately.

Daniel Bruneteau's wife Suzanne Jaulain born abt 1648/50
Jacques Macouin's wife Suzanne Jaulain born 1668

Daniel Bruneteau Abt.1648 has a Sister which is Marie Bruneteau B.1652 married to Mathurin Jaulain B.1645 so they have the same Parents, Pierre Bruneteau and Marie Guitton.

Mathurin Jaulin and Marie have a daughter Suzanne Jaulain so thats her parents sorted....

Daniel Bruneteau's wife is Suzanne Jaulain born abt 1648. Suzanne Jaulain's parents unknown still.

Without your information it would never have been moved forward. Much appreciated.

Offline Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Suzanne Jaulain Translation of death document... Solved with thanks
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 01 February 24 21:50 GMT (UK) »
What a result on this one...no death

Offline Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Suzanne Jaulain Translation of death document in French Solved Thank you
« Reply #13 on: Friday 02 February 24 08:31 GMT (UK) »
No death after all of Suzanne Jaulain just a death Document. Realisation, maybe some of the other deaths around 1680's were also faked. It just shows the lengths the French Huguenots went to for their survival.