Author Topic: Melia /O'Malley /Malley Blyth, Northumberland & Shincliffe, Co Durham  (Read 55 times)

Offline juleskristina22

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Melia /O'Malley /Malley Blyth, Northumberland & Shincliffe, Co Durham
« on: Sunday 28 January 24 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
I'm wondering if anyone has any information (or is a relative) of the Melia family in Blyth, Northumberland.
The family began with John Melia/O'Malley, born Westport Co Mayo in about 1837. He emigrated to the UK sometime during the famine. He met & married Margaret McHugh, in Chesterfield Derbyshire (she was born in Wolverhampton, but her parents were also Irish) & they had 9 children: 7 girls & 2 sons who died in infancy. They moved to Shincliffe, Durham, then a few of them settled in Blyth, Northumberland.
The 7 daughters were: Sarah Ann Melia, Mary Melia, Catherine Melia, Hannah Melia, Margaret Melia, Eliza Melia & last of all, my great-grandma, Ellen/'Nellie' Melia, who married Thomas Yorke. I have already built a tree on Ancestry, but I am looking for any information about the Melia's when they lived in Blyth. Where they worked, married, attended school, church, etc. Any help greatly appreciated