Author Topic: Bruynseels (sic)  (Read 278 times)

Offline rickjt62

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bruynseels (sic)
« on: Friday 02 February 24 12:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm at a bit of a dead end here and it's a long time since I first posted about this so maybe there is some new info out there?

Mr great grandmother's sister, Alice Edith Esther Watkins (b Wollaston, Glos 1896) to William & Esther (Wood) Watkins married a Belgian refugee, John Bruynseels (b c 1876) in Blaenavon, Monmouthshire on 20 Oct 1915

Then off they went to Belgium and that is the last record I have managed to find of them .. anywhere

Not knowing where to look doesn't help so if anyone can point me in any direction I would appreciate it

It appears that John Bruynseels is a fairly common name around the times I am searching

I have no knowledge of any children of the marriage

Thanks
Richard

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Bruynseels (sic)
« Reply #1 on: Friday 02 February 24 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Then off they went to Belgium and that is the last record I have managed to find of them .. anywhere

When did they go to Belgium?  What documentary evidence do you have to support that?

Dec qtr 1915
Alice E E Watkins/John Brongnseels    Abergavenny    11a   125

Marriage cert shows John was a widower

(b Wollaston, Glos 1896)

Do you mean  Woolaston?

Her birth was only registered as Alice and she was baptised 8.11.1896 just as Alice.  Both 1901 & 1911 censuses only show her as Alice

Births Dec 1896   

Alice Watkins Chepstow    11a   14  mmn Wood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bruynseels (sic)
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 February 24 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Alice Edith Esther WATKINS died on 27 October 1946 at 6 p.m in Antwerp (St-Elisabeth Hospital)
Born 11 October 1896 Woolstone, England, without profession, residing at Antwerp, Luxemburgstraat nr. 36, wife of Joannes Baptista BRUYNSEELS, without profession, daughter of the late William WATKINS and the late Esther WOOD
The informants were employees of the hospital

Felix Archief  (city archives Antwerp)
death register
https://felixarchief.antwerpen.be/detailpagina?invnr=2992_171&page=1&pageSize=10&type=copy
click on the link ‘Overlijdensregister.pdf’     (it takes a while)
image 16 of 304   (cert nr. 3057)

register with the causes of death
https://felixarchief.antwerpen.be/detailpagina?invnr=MA_74590&page=1&pageSize=10&type=copy
image 91 of 115     (nr. 3057)
Cause of death: heart disease

Joannes Baptista BRUYNSEELS remarried later and he died in 1959.  (certs not online, only the death index)
There is a Joannes Baptista BRUYNSEELS born in 1877 Antwerp, but I don’t know whether he is the right one. This one married in 1901.
Do you know the name of Joannes Baptista his father (marriage cert Bruynseels-Watkins)?

Barnes  -  Bezzell  -  O'Farell  -  Smith - Pluquet
Belgium - France - Calcutta  -  Essex  -  Exeter  -  Harlesden  -  Newcastle Upon Tyne  -  Tavistock  -  Willesden