Author Topic: Locating a grave in Dalbeth Cemetery  (Read 1001 times)

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Locating a grave in Dalbeth Cemetery
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 07:23 GMT (UK) »
Sincere condolences to you and your family Garngad

Online garngad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 10:59 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Rosie grateful.
Henderson
Crawford

Online garngad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 11:06 GMT (UK) »
GlasGuy your more than welcome and thank you..... sorry if i seemed to have hijacked your post was not intended hope the weather is better for his visit as the cemetery is well run and maintained these days and its very pleasant to walk around on a nice day. Garngad
Henderson
Crawford

Offline GlasGuy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 12:13 GMT (UK) »
GlasGuy your more than welcome and thank you..... sorry if i seemed to have hijacked your post was not intended hope the weather is better for his visit as the cemetery is well run and maintained these days and its very pleasant to walk around on a nice day. Garngad

No, not at all! You gave me the x on a map which was exactly what I hoped for. All I need now is to find out where my recently deceased (2017) aunt was laid to rest and my son can visit that grave site too! That is proving to be impossible.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 12:24 GMT (UK) »
All I need now is to find out where my recently deceased (2017) aunt was laid to rest and my son can visit that grave site too! That is proving to be impossible.
Why? Have you asked the Roman Catholic Archdiocese who own and manage Dalbeth Cemetery?

See https://www.funeralguide.co.uk/cemeteries/st-peters-cemetery which suggests that the number to ring is 0141-226-5898.

The e-mail is dalbeth@rcag.org.uk.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline GlasGuy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 12:46 GMT (UK) »
All I need now is to find out where my recently deceased (2017) aunt was laid to rest and my son can visit that grave site too! That is proving to be impossible.
Why? Have you asked the Roman Catholic Archdiocese who own and manage Dalbeth Cemetery?

So sorry I was just thinking to myself. My aunt's resting place is a secret apparently. The people who know or should know where she was buried just won't tell me. I'm 10,500 miles away and I hate talking on the phone so I messaged but never end up being told where she is. I emailed a few cemeteries/crematorium near her (nitshill) but didn't hit paydirt. Scotland's People at least has told me she died in 2017.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 22:18 GMT (UK) »
The person to contact at the Archdiocese is a lady called Sharon Scallion. Her direct email is given on this listing here www.rcag.org.uk/the-archdiocese/administrative-branch

If your aunt is buried here, she should hopefully be able to assist  :)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline GlasGuy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 07 February 24 05:47 GMT (UK) »
The person to contact at the Archdiocese is a lady called Sharon Scallion. Her direct email is given on this listing here www.rcag.org.uk/the-archdiocese/administrative-branch

If your aunt is buried here, she should hopefully be able to assist  :)

Monica

Cheers Monica,

Can Sharon help locate my aunt in this case where her resting place is at another cemetery in Glasgow?

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 07 February 24 10:51 GMT (UK) »
Can Sharon help locate my aunt in this case where her resting place is at another cemetery in Glasgow?
No.

Sharon can help only if your aunt is buried in one of the cemeteries owned and managed by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Glasgow.

If she is in a different cemetery in Glasgow you need to be asking Glasgow City Council.
https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=17175
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.