Author Topic: Ancestry DNA But No Matches With GTGrandfather’s line at all?  (Read 1695 times)

Offline JillyNutton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry DNA But No Matches With GTGrandfather’s line at all?
« Reply #18 on: Monday 05 February 24 14:20 GMT (UK) »
Will do, thank you so much for your help :-)

Offline coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 05 February 24 15:07 GMT (UK) »
The previous child to Olive, who was Henry Lewis, was born October 1893, and Olive in May 1895, so it seems their parents split up inbetween say early 1893 and 1895, if Olive may not have been John's blood daughter.
Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain

Offline fallingonabruise

• RootsChat Senior
  • 'bring out your dead'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 05 February 24 20:00 GMT (UK) »
hi, just checking in to see how you have done  ;D
wonder where our connection comes from ?
Lloyd in london, Jelfs, Cheatham, Taylor, Raistrick, Knowles, Cassidy, Blackburn, Corns, Gallagher

Offline TreeDigger

• RootsChat Senior
  • Lioessens church 12th/tower 15th century
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 05 February 24 20:04 GMT (UK) »
I wonder where the Barnet came as in Barnet Lewis came from? Perhaps there is a Barnet connection?

Overlooked this, but yes! Except not on the Lewis but the Eskins-Howells side.

Annie's mother Anne Eskins, then 40 years old, a widow, father Richard Watkins, bailiff married James Barnett, 60 years old, widower, on 15 April 1894. Witnesses John Lewis and Anne Lewis.

Apparently Archibald was named for his step-grandfather. Also, it seems John & Annie were still together then.

As for Anne's father, the 'bailiff'.. he wasn't mentioned on the marriage certificate with William Eskins, nor on her sister Sarah's baptism certificate in 1848. As a matter of fact, both girls and their mother Mary Ann Howells (bapt. 11 Jan 1829 Redmarley, dau. of George & Catherine Howells) were living with Mary Ann's sister Sarah and her husband Benjamin Hughes  in Redmarley during the 1851 census. Both girls were still there in 1861, but Mary Ann has disappeared..

Haycock (Liverpool, Wolverhampton, Oswestry); Rosewell (Shepperton); Wales/Whales (Thanet, Kent); Daborn (Chobham, Horsell); Prince and Powell (Liverpool area); Maxted and She(e)pwashe (Kent); Milo/Millot (France, Holland, England); genealogical research project on links to ancient Frisian aristocracy (Hofstra-Fynia-Tania). It keeps me off the streets ;)

Twenty years on this forum!

Offline TreeDigger

• RootsChat Senior
  • Lioessens church 12th/tower 15th century
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 05 February 24 20:07 GMT (UK) »
@fallingonabruise

I think she's currently getting stuck in DNA Painter and MH's chromosome browser ;)
Haycock (Liverpool, Wolverhampton, Oswestry); Rosewell (Shepperton); Wales/Whales (Thanet, Kent); Daborn (Chobham, Horsell); Prince and Powell (Liverpool area); Maxted and She(e)pwashe (Kent); Milo/Millot (France, Holland, England); genealogical research project on links to ancient Frisian aristocracy (Hofstra-Fynia-Tania). It keeps me off the streets ;)

Twenty years on this forum!

Offline JillyNutton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 05 February 24 20:56 GMT (UK) »
hi, just checking in to see how you have done  ;D
wonder where our connection comes from ?

Hi Fallingonabruise - I think it’s on the Howells side but haven’t got to the bottom of it yet :-)

Offline JillyNutton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 05 February 24 20:59 GMT (UK) »
The previous child to Olive, who was Henry Lewis, was born October 1893, and Olive in May 1895, so it seems their parents split up inbetween say early 1893 and 1895, if Olive may not have been John's blood daughter.

I don’t think John MR Lewis and Annie didn’t split up until after 1897 and their move to Leicester. I understand from a Nind descendant that Annie came back from Leicester and Harold Nind met her from the station in a cart.

Offline JillyNutton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 05 February 24 21:01 GMT (UK) »
I wonder where the Barnet came as in Barnet Lewis came from? Perhaps there is a Barnet connection?

Overlooked this, but yes! Except not on the Lewis but the Eskins-Howells side.

Annie's mother Anne Eskins, then 40 years old, a widow, father Richard Watkins, bailiff married James Barnett, 60 years old, widower, on 15 April 1894. Witnesses John Lewis and Anne Lewis.

Apparently Archibald was named for his step-grandfather. Also, it seems John & Annie were still together then.

As for Anne's father, the 'bailiff'.. he wasn't mentioned on the marriage certificate with William Eskins, nor on her sister Sarah's baptism certificate in 1848. As a matter of fact, both girls and their mother Mary Ann Howells (bapt. 11 Jan 1829 Redmarley, dau. of George & Catherine Howells) were living with Mary Ann's sister Sarah and her husband Benjamin Hughes  in Redmarley during the 1851 census. Both girls were still there in 1861, but Mary Ann has disappeared..

Yes - I remember seeing that. I wonder what happened to her?

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 00:46 GMT (UK) »
Cm shares can be a bit misleading, I have a half sister that I target tested recently, we have several shared matches that are high to one of us and low to the other but there is no way to guess prior to checking both sets of results. Oddly it's rare to find that we have matches around the same amounts.

I'm trying to work one out right now that is just 26cM to me suggested 4-6 cousin but 115cM to my half sister and suggested as a 2-3c. In reality I suspect the relationship will be a half cousin of some sort to both of us anywhere between h1c2r through to h3c1r.
The match has no tree and could be using her married name as a username, there is no birth record in her username in England/Wales and no clues on her profile. Typically the message I sent has been read but no reply which seems to be a talent I have developed (and perfected), since my DNA results appeared.