Author Topic: Long Covid Brain Fog  (Read 231 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Long Covid Brain Fog
« on: Tuesday 06 February 24 13:20 GMT (UK) »
Interesting article on Long Covid Brain Fog

https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/news-releases/2023/october/penn-study-finds-serotonin-reduction-causes-long-covid-symptoms#:~:text=The%20researchers%20found%20that%20when,COVID%2C%20such%20as%20memory%20loss.

An extract from the link ...
The researchers found that when tryptophan absorption is reduced by persistent viral inflammation, serotonin is depleted, leading to disrupted vagus nerve signaling, which in turn can cause several of the symptoms associated with long COVID, such as memory loss.

Three minute sound ...
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2023/10/24/1207489490/long-covid-brain-fog-may-originate-in-a-surprising-place-say-scientists
 ----------
Certain foods contain Tryptophan naturally.

Speak to your Consultant or Doctor if you have Brain Fog; Brain related issues and also stomach pain and/or belly cramps or digestive issues.

Mark

Online mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Long Covid Brain Fog
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 14:02 GMT (UK) »
Deleted

Mike

Online mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 14:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi mark,
I’ve read the article and the “cell” article also and looked up tryptophan, it seems, and I may be   wrong , but tryptophan seems to be an amino acid the gut cannot produce and must be obtained from diet.

So a 70 kilo male needs 250-300 mg a day to be adsorbed, best obtained from fresh (not processed)
meat, eggs and dairy are another source but I would have to eat a lot of them.

Seems to sum up what we have known (and I have proved, six years now, my oncologist is made up :)),  keep you immune system healthy and a fresh food diet and anything is possible.

M8ke

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 14:43 GMT (UK) »
I believe you have said this before mazi that our gut and intestines help in fighting illness.

Added
Yes, when we have serious illness/es, what we have eaten prior and in recovery and since, may be of help to us.