Author Topic: kavanaghs cottages templeogue  (Read 244 times)

Offline Floydminnie1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
kavanaghs cottages templeogue
« on: Tuesday 06 February 24 16:13 GMT (UK) »
on a 1919 marriage certificate it states that my grandmother (margaret bennett marrying john nolan at st josephs terenure dublin, her father was christopher bennett) is living i think in kavanaghs cottages templeogue but i cannot find these on any maps. Can anyone help.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: kavanaghs cottages templeogue
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 16:55 GMT (UK) »
Can't help with a map but there is one result for Kavanagh Cottages, Templeogue in the newspapers
Evening Herald deaths
29 June 1971 Daniel husband of the late Jane Bennett of 6 Kavanagh Cottages,
coincidence it should be a Bennett but could prove handy.

The cottages still existed in 1971.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Getting a lot more results now in the Newspapers, don’t know what I was doing wrong earlier.
Nothing to say where the cottages were except an accident in 1938 when a tow rope broke and the lorry being towed crashed into 1 Kavanagh’s Cottages killing a child. The lorry was travelling from Ballymore Eustace to Dublin, so I get the impression the cottages were along the main road through Templeogue.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 23:39 GMT (UK) »
Using the church records tab on Irish Genealogy and just putting Kavanaghs Cottages into Location there are baptism results (most without a house number) for around the time of the 1911 Census, looking at the census the same people are listed in the townland of Templeogue.
Thomas Forde for example has form number 8 in the census is at 2 Kavanaghs Cottages when his son was born in 1896 (granted can’t find him in 1901)
http://census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai000225263/

Also interesting that from 7 to 19 there is an x marked at the side and most of those houses are owned by Michael Kavanagh.
http://census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai000225264/

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 23:49 GMT (UK) »
There is a Christopher Lawlor birth in 1905 with an address of Kavanagh's cottages, Templeogue.
His family are on the 1911 census with an address of Templeogue town. On the House and Building return, they are identified as 'Riverside cottages'.
They may have moved of course, but it might be something to go on.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344