Author Topic: Help neded with Mary Rudd's parents.  (Read 511 times)

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help neded with Mary Rudd's parents.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 09 February 24 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi mckha489, 

Finally got the will downloaded.   Yep the dongle finally found a 4G connection,

Also accessed the Family search Rudd trees.  Some interesting things on those but i will have a better look in the morning - it's 11.pm here.

Still nothing re Bartholomew 1763.  that's the date on the will when his wife was sworn legally as execurtrix.  Maybe?

more to ponder. 
Essnell.   

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 10 February 24 01:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mckha487.
No dates on Bartholomew's will for any of the children. 
There is as you said,  Ann his daughter -  wife of John Monument. 

Now on this Family Search compilation by them...   

Starts with  Zacharias Rudd 1685 -1727  who married Susan Roper
  they have 5 children : Bartholomew  1709 ,  Mary 1712, Susanna 1715,  Henry 1721  Thomas 1725.  no death dates for any of these.   

Bartholomew 1709 married Ann Watling
    They have 8 children  two living to adult hood and one not marked as deceased but no death date. That one is Mary Rudd DOB 1745.

Bartholomew Rudd [2nd] 1742- 1772 married to Ann Burgess  . again as you found. 

No mention of an Ann.   My thought s are does Ann have a different mother to the others  -  causing an NPE.

Ann  was born before    all the other children  C 1737 and her mother is supposed to have died 1740.   and was Ann Rudd.

With the Mary of the query I think she is the one born 1745. If she is the one who married in 1765.   She would be 20 so would need her mother's concent.  Who was Ann Watling.
To prove this a death record for her as Mary Brundell somewhere in the late 1700's or early 1800's would  help. 

Any thought on the above appreciated .

thanks for all the help.
Essnell.

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 10 February 24 03:48 GMT (UK) »
It’s tricky working off just indexes. We don’t know if we are missing out on other detail.
Thread here about digitisation of Suffolk records.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=689451.198

Looking at the Brundells first

I think Mary Brundell is likely the 67 year old buried St Mary’s Bury St Edmunds 28 June 1811
John the Butcher buried 26 Jan 1792
Bishops transcripts for that are viewable at a Family Search library. https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/185705?availability=Family%20History%20Library

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 10 February 24 03:50 GMT (UK) »
The Brundells would appear to have had a daughter, Elizabeth (from marriage indexes, I haven’t found a baptism yet, but marriage here.

PS I think they (John & Mary B) also had a daughter Mary but she died young.

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 10 February 24 04:15 GMT (UK) »
John Brundell fell off his horse…so I don’t suppose he made a will

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 10 February 24 04:33 GMT (UK) »
Presume you know about Suffolk archives

https://www.rootschat.com/links/01szj/

I’ve had positive experiences ordering and downloading images from them

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 10 February 24 09:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mckha48,

First Thank you for those newspaper clippings. 

So Mary Brunell  died in June 1811 C 28th  June  --   and the occupation of Butcher is confirmed .    So if she was 67  that makes her birth 1744/5 which is what we have  suspected,  so that’s confirmation of her identity. 

Their Daughter married William Cooper  July 1792 . Another search for later.  I notice she married just a few months after her father’s death. 

And John Brundell died after falling off his horse.  Which was, by the clipping, in January 1792.

[That’s the second Horse accident I have come across. A fellow did the same in  Melbourne Australia. His horse actually fell too - down a very steep hillside on the goldfields.] 

I suppose John was out getting supplies for the day at his shop or some such, being so early in the day.  or ??   At least it was accidental. Yes,  he may not have made a will.   Some did only once ill.  Probably expensive. 

Anyway this fills out Mary’s life  which is what I was looking for.

No, I did not know about the Suffolk Archives.   So some things are accessible  which is great.   I will look further for Mary and others . If not found  I shall contact them  about getting some copies of Mary's death and John's death/burial.
 With the other link  I was able to see the photos but they were all blanks  --something to do with contract restrictions.   Just another hoop to climb through.

I can try again for the baptism recs. for both Mary and Ann.  I will post here if successful.

Thanks for the help here.   I really do appreciate all that you have done.   And I’ve learned a few things along the way with researching.   

Essnell.

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 10 February 24 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mckha48,

With the other link  I was able to see the photos but they were all blanks  --something to do with contract restrictions.   Just another hoop to climb through.

The hoop is that any record on FamilySearch that has the camera icon with a key above it can only be viewed (as I said) at a family search library. Or an affiliate library.

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 11 February 24 08:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mckha489,

Well that's a big hoop.  :-[         Probably best to contact the Archives and pay for a copy. The FamilySearch library I once tried to get to but never found them.   So yes, there is a contact address and I have all the details for the Document.

That may take quite some time so I will be back with any info I find. Thanks as before. 

Essnell