Author Topic: Death Certificate - Manchester Register Office  (Read 343 times)

Offline PaulJC

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death Certificate - Manchester Register Office
« on: Thursday 08 February 24 13:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I wish to apply for a soldiers service record through the National Archives. They require proof of death if he was born less than 115 years ago. His DoB was September 1911 so I will need an official certificate. I know that he died in Manchester in 1992 and FreeBMD indicates the volume and page. However, I dont have a full date of death and the online ordering system requires this information.
Any ideas please?
Paul
I lived in Ardwick, Manchester in the early 1960s as a small child and much travelling of the world has now led me to want to know more about my roots. Carter, Beckwith, Connolly, Heron and Kelly are all names that form part of my family tree.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Death Certificate - Manchester Register Office
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 February 24 13:47 GMT (UK) »
The online system asks for full name/year/quarter/RD/ volume and page numbers.  Actual date of death is not required unless known
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 February 24 14:03 GMT (UK) »
He might be on the 1939 Register, which has the full date of birth, although not always accurate.

If you can give his name, it might be possible to find him.

Offline PaulJC

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 February 24 14:07 GMT (UK) »
He might be on the 1939 Register, which has the full date of birth, although not always accurate.

If you can give his name, it might be possible to find him.

I have his date of birth but I was under the impression the Manchester records office required a death date. I will revisit this as I thought it was a required field.
I lived in Ardwick, Manchester in the early 1960s as a small child and much travelling of the world has now led me to want to know more about my roots. Carter, Beckwith, Connolly, Heron and Kelly are all names that form part of my family tree.

Offline california dreamin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 08 February 24 16:38 GMT (UK) »
I also understood you needed a date of death.  You might have a look for his Will/probate that will may give you the date you need.

https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate

CD