Author Topic: Parish Register Marriage entry  (Read 419 times)

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Register Marriage entry
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 February 24 09:04 GMT (UK) »
In my opinion both surnames in this burial record are:  Gegg

It is, of course, Gegg, as HD says. Apologies for a slip on my part - I was posting too late at night!

Offline mezentia

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Register Marriage entry
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 11 February 24 22:42 GMT (UK) »
This is the first time I've come across the use of spinster on a burial, which was the cause of my confusion, athough I fully understand the way it was probably used to differentiate between others in the parish with the same name. There are quite a number of Geggs/Gegges in the parish I'm looking at, Areley Kings in Worcestershire. To make matters worse, there is quite a restricted set of forenames too, which makes re-constructing families a tad difficult, and the leaving out of the mother's name on baptisms only adds to the difficulties.

Thanks once more for all the help, it is very much appreciated.
Anderson - Leics., Yorks.; Attwood - Worcs., Staffs.,  Salop; Baylis - Worcs.; Beach/Bache - Worcs., Staffs., Salop; Bills - Devon, Worcs.<br />Dovey - Worcs., Staff., Salop; Gill - Worcs.; Hampton - Worcs., Staffs.; Hancox/Hancocks - Worcs., Staffs.<br />Hill - Worcs., Staffs., Salop; Sherwood - Worcs., Staffs.; Stonyer - Worcs., Staff., Salop, Essex<br />Woodall - Worcs., Staffs.; Potter - Essex.