Author Topic: Hubert Marsden Edwards of Durban South Africa_additional facts.  (Read 113 times)

Offline John Laue

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hubert Marsden Edwards of Durban South Africa_additional facts.
« on: Friday 09 February 24 23:27 GMT (UK) »
Message to Kirsty.
Hi I sent this to you some weeks ago but I'm unsure if you received or read it. I amHello Kirsty. I'm John Laue living in NZ since March 1996 formerly born in Pietermaritzburg SA - June 1950 till 1996. I am the grandson of Hubert Marston Edwards born 1895 in Bungay, Suffolk, who married Mary Florence Ridley in 1921. I have one brother Mark Darryl Laue still living with his wife Susanna in SA. thee were only the two of us sons born to Hazel and Lothar Wilhelm Laue of Pietermaritzburg. Mary Florence "Flo" or to other relatives her junior "Aunty Pol". I read your post with much interest. I have some vintage photos of my granddad which you may find interesting. My late father while in Johannesburg, assisted my grandma 'Flo' to sell 41 Monmouth road Durban property. Flo and Hubert had two daughters only; my mother Hazel Millicent Laue (nee Edwards) Edwards and Florence Thelma Rae (nee Edwards) who married Barton Douglas Rae but they had no children. They lived for a time in Bulawayo, Rhodesia and later Durban. I am interested in extending  the Edwards/Ridley side of our family tree. The Laue side is extensive because my father, Bill was one of 12 children. Best regards, John  :) new to this blog but would like to exchange data about my grandfather as I'm sure you would. Cheers, John.

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Hubert Marsden Edwards of Durban South Africa_additional facts.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 February 24 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi John

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

This is the post where you first posted on www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=780819.0

Looking at Kirsty's profile, she has not been back on line here since 31 August 2023.

If she hasn't changed her email or switched off notifications, she should have received an email notification informing her of you first post on 12 January 2024.

Hoping she comes back to you here.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline John Laue

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hubert Marsden Edwards of Durban South Africa_additional facts.
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 February 24 01:35 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Monica. Hopefully she will acknowledge my input soon. Cheers, John