Author Topic: Where was Row, near Huddersfield?  (Read 403 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline alfindit

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where was Row, near Huddersfield?
« Reply #19 on: Monday 12 February 24 11:00 GMT (UK) »
Another possibility

Friends Meeting House, Huddersfield
Quakers in Britain
https://heritage.quaker.org.uk › Huddersfield LM
PDF
There were only a small number of Quakers recorded living in Huddersfield at the beginning of the eighteenth century. The Brooks of Row family from Lockwood ...
11 pages

https://www.google.com/search?q=quakers+lockwood+huddersfield&sca_esv=29859c7e7621087f&sca_upv=1&source=hp&ei=3PfJZZSQNfeuhbIP45SJkA4&iflsig=ANes7DEAAAAAZcoF7KLa_JRvF5GDML4UTBxPY4hfw6Ef&ved=0ahUKEwiU7tfS0KWEAxV3V0EAHWNKAuIQ4dUDCA8&oq=quakers+lockwood+huddersfield&gs_lp=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_CAggQABgIGB4YDcICBRAhGKABwgIHECEYChigAQ&sclient=gws-wiz

Hi,
Thanks again. Yes, these are my Brook ancestors. There seems to be quite a few at Row and I need to count them up really, to get an idea of the size of the community and thus the size of the building/s.