Author Topic: William Wilson Inn Keeper of Kirkcambeck  (Read 309 times)

Offline EdithKennedy21

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James not Robert Routledge
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 14 February 24 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Sorry
You are correct and James married Catherine Armstrong so another connected branch

My error
Looking at too many different lines of Routledge!

Apologies

Edith

Offline EdithKennedy21

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Routledge wife of William Wilson Innkeeper
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 18 February 24 11:41 GMT (UK) »
Update re information that everyone kindly sourced on my behalf and possibly sourcing Mary’s maiden name

One of the responses I received  included the paragraphs listed below which mentioned George Routledge
I had no knowledge of George’s connection to my lineage of Routledge although he was in data as a Father in Law to another branch of my heritage

He was not attached to the earlier lines including John his wife Elizabeth or daughter Mary mother of Elizabeth Armstrong

George Routledge of Bankhead married Elizabeth Armstrong  - in 1768 - who was Granddaughter of John Routledge and his wife Elizabeth Dodgson my 7th Great Grandparents

Elizabeth Armstrong was George’s second wife (first spouse Grace Routledge - married 1763) 

Elizabeth would have been my 1st cousin 7x removed

Do not know how George connects to Mary Routledge spouse of William Wilson my 3rd Great Grandparents  (their daughter Jane married Simon Kennedy and this is my direct line of Kennedy Ancestors via my Dad John Renwick Kennedy)

But I now believe that there is a link in some way so I will try and research the connection

Many thanks for all the replies to my initial appeal

Much appreciated

Edith

(On the 1835 tithe map of the parish of Bewcastle the owner and occupier of the plot named as Bankhead homestead is George Routledge.

added: that was a little cryptic, Bankhead Cottage was the abode of the parents of Jane at the baptism at Nether Knowe linked elsewhere.

added later: my mistake, the abode of Jane’s parents was Bankend Cottage not Bankhead.’)