Author Topic: Date please, possibly Joseph Rackley and two sisters  (Read 930 times)

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Date please, possibly Joseph Rackley and two sisters
« Reply #9 on: Monday 12 February 24 09:40 GMT (UK) »
Thanks both, those were my thoughts Gadget.

Neale1961, Their mother Jane Newman was born in 1809 so I doubt it's her in picture.

Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 February 24 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Neale1961, Their mother Jane Newman was born in 1809 so I doubt it's her in picture.

Assuming that Gadget's dating of the photo is correct, that puts her in her 50s in the photo. That agrees with the older woman I see in the photo.
The women I know who are in their 50s and 60s don't have wrinkles either. Any fine lines around eyes would certainly not be visible due to both the size of the image, and quality of the photo. She looks to have been relatively wealthy, so lack of any hard physical labour, has helped with her appearance. However her face, in various areas, lacks the youthful plumpness and firmness that one sees on her daughter.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 12 February 24 21:27 GMT (UK) »
You must know some youthful women in their 50s and 60s, Neale!
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 12 February 24 21:29 GMT (UK) »

You must know some youthful women in their 50s and 60s, Neale!

This was around the mid-19th century.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 13 February 24 04:53 GMT (UK) »
I think the way they are posed indicates 3 siblings. Normally with a parent and 2 siblings, the parent would be seated, the siblings standing--or some other arrangement to clearly indicate the relationships. In this photo some effort has been made to "equalise" them, albeit with the youngest sibling standing while his more mature sisters sit. I also think the boy and the girl on our right probably take after one parent while the girl on our left probably takes after the other parent.
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 17 February 24 10:22 GMT (UK) »
I'm thinking that it might be mid 1860s.

Gadget

I agree with Gadget, they are showing their ears so it wouldn't be much earlier.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 17 February 24 11:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks. I have found a descendant of Joseph's to send the original to, with a link to this thread. 
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 17 February 24 11:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Josey, I gave it a bit of a clean for you.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 17 February 24 11:35 GMT (UK) »
Oh wow that's lovely thank you.  Will download and email to Rackley descendant if that's Ok with you?