Author Topic: Diary week ending 18th February  (Read 1524 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary week ending 18th February
« on: Monday 12 February 24 07:53 GMT (UK) »
Good morning everyone
Hope you all  had a good weekend.

Not a lot going on here at the moment,  blue sky coming  up so hoping it will be a better day,  I am boring and really but if  I can get my washing out and dry I am a happy  bunny.

RTL,   your well  needed break is now a week nearer, you will  feel so much better to have a few days break

Take care everyone

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary week ending 16th February
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 February 24 08:28 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I cannot wait LM.
It is cold and dull here but not raining at least.  I have put washing out on the line.  I will be a happy bunny too if I can get it dry before my nightshift tonight.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary week ending 18th February
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 February 24 09:07 GMT (UK) »
Yesterday was wet and foggy so I'm pleased to see the sun shining today. RTL, you and I usually get pretty much the same weather so hopefully the sun will inch its way a little further North.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 February 24 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Yes, we've got a hint of sun  and a bit of blue sky now Roobarb so washing might dry despite air feeling a bit damp.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 12 February 24 09:57 GMT (UK) »
I was pleased this weekend to hear that my SiL finally has a date for her hip op.  However, it is for much later this year than we both expected or hoped for.  She has been told that they will try to bring it forward if they can.  I hope so, as she is in quite a bad way now with it.  In fact the second worst off person I have seen.

The other is a woman I see sometimes when I go to Shields.
Last week this person was waiting at the stop when I was on the bus.  She was there with her rollator and was struggling to lift her foot and couldn't lift her rollator.  Unbelievably, the driver just sat there like a lump looking at her saying and doing nothing.  I wondered why he didn't get up to at least pull the ramp out.  I was sitting at the back and thought someone at the front might get up to help but no one did.  So I went down myself to help.  I asked if I could help by lifting the rollator and she said yes but then she got into a panic when I tried, as she seemed terrified she was going to fall.  Then she was apologising for her panic and thanking me at the same time.  Eventually, she got on by heaving herself up holding on a handle and with my help with her rollator.
I think she is a very brave woman and I wonder what motivates her to go out at all when it is clearly evident that it is such a herculean task for her.

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 12 February 24 10:12 GMT (UK) »
Morning all
RTL I hope the weather is also brightening your spirits, (which when I first typed this it put sprints !! )
I really need to get into the garden when it’s a bit drier to do a tidy up!
It’s a pity your buses don’t have the what I’m told is called the ‘kneel facility’ ,where the bus lowers to the level of the kerb to let people on  . That would only involve a nice caring driver pressing a button! It seems daft that buses  have to be disability compliant but it’s at the whim of a driver as to how other abled you are as to if they’ll get the ramp out or not.
North East of England

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 12 February 24 10:43 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I have noticed some buses have this facility but I think the bus I mentioned only had the pull out ramp.
I think most drivers are helpful but that one was a right lump.  No encouraging words or help.  I don't think he would have got away with it if an inspector had been about.  Yes, not much use having disability friendly buses if paired with a disability unfriendly driver.

Yes, spirits are lifted a bit but probably more due to knowing a break is on the horizon rather than because of a hint of sun.  Still not sleeping well.  Someone said to me, could the doctor not have offered some non addictive sleeping help?  I don't know, you would have thought so.  However, I've given up on that score.  I won't go back to the doctor and beg.  I got a text asking for my feedback on appointment but I haven't and won't respond.

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 12 February 24 11:18 GMT (UK) »

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 12 February 24 14:24 GMT (UK) »
Can't think what seemed to happen to last week - must've been whisked off to planet Zog or somewhere!
RTLass, you really are having a dreadful, stressed time. The lengthening days will possibly help a little, but remember, you need time, and rest, and to be able to relax in a supported way, to regain your natural resilience. You have lots of friends and support on here, and I'm sure in "real life", too. I can't sleep, but rely on the "World Service" Radio through the night, there must be a great number of us in a similar boat - a small Armada of us, really, so at least you're not alone in that.
Hope your S in L gets her hip op brought forward. My OH had two done within six months of each other, after years of discomfort and near agony.
TY

Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)