Author Topic: Diary week ending 18th February  (Read 1528 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary week ending 18th February
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 17 February 24 12:45 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon all

After a beautiful  day yesterday  is quite thè reverse  today, gloomy and dull but it is very mild.

For those who know anything about bats our church has them, should be elsewhere but no, we have noticed the evidence  in church this week  very early but we have had a mild winter, problem is they make such a mess,  we have to cover everything up.

Viktoria, hope you enjoy your little ones this weekend  you will notice a difference in them.

I had my hair cut yesterday and feel, as if I have been shorne within an inch of my life, only good thing is, it will  grow..

Hope all who have families under the weather hear some improvements soon, so much going  around at the moment, we still have to keep away from coughs

Enjoy your weekends whatever you are doing

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 17 February 24 13:33 GMT (UK) »
Dull and gloomy here today too… just waiting for the rain later and hope the washings going to dry but not much wind and defo no sun!

Hope you have a lovely time with FH and Kyra tomorrow Viktoria, seeing younger members of the family always brightens your life, you’re very lucky to be a gt grandma. Hope you’ve found the paperwork you were looking for too 🤞.

We have friends for dinner tonight so I’m doing slow cooked shoulder of lamb, a Mary B recipe that I’ve done before, it’s delicious and I like just being able to let it do its thing! Brixworth pate to start and a citron tart for dessert… I’m not the best at pastry but usually sweet variety is ok.

Well must crack on as plenty to do.

Have a good w/end everyone and I’m sure RTL is counting the days until her week off.

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 17 February 24 15:53 GMT (UK) »
I have just assembled a little kit,a plastic tray,some new compost and a packet of Mustard Cress for Flash Harry to grow.
Kyra has a little tiny shopping bag from my son ,with a pink piglet on it .

Did all my shopping this morning ,my trusty trolley was groaning !
I had it all done before son surfaced, I prefer to plan my journey myself .
He works long hours and has a lot of neck pain ,painkillers don’t seem to work so if he gets a long sleep it is good.

A grey cool dark dark day not raining but so very damp.

Must make a sponge cake for tomorrow ,have some nice yogurts in and Scotch pancakes which F.H loves .

Bathroom to clean , it is so easy only takes a half hour except for its weekly blitz when tiles etc are cleaned ,not just the splash back .
Tiles floor to ceiling on one wall, one a window wall the other a door wall where half is tiled above the bath .
One wall tile free.

Thanks for your kind wishes folks .

I meant to get some paper from the craft shop too, FH likes doing cave wall paintings with pastels you can smudge.
Cheap paper is OK for Kyra.
Look after yourselves Oh- a query, has anyone tried and got good results from Red Rice cholesterol lowering tablets.?
I am on Atorvastatin  after years of Pravastatin and Ezetimibe both take good cholesterol not just bad, that can affect memory etc.

Well cheerio, thanks for the news and look after yourselves .
Cheerio. Viktoria.