Author Topic: Diary week ending 18th February  (Read 1527 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary week ending 18th February
« Reply #9 on: Monday 12 February 24 15:29 GMT (UK) »
TY
I have difficulty  sleeping , up at 4am yesterday because I couldn't sleep, my OH  can sleep for England as they say, I really don't know what the answer is, I assume I get the amount  of sleep  I need, if I say sometimes feel as if I haven't slept I can tell you I could see almost every hour, frustrating  but like you said there are plenty of us like it at our ages, all I would like is a reasonable nights sleep, sometimes I get up at 1am and spend  time on the computer,  don't think I would resort to any medication though

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 February 24 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Until recently, I thought I would never have contemplated any sleep medication, despite my body clock well knocked out through decades of variety of shift patterns - early starts, back shifts, night shifts, 12 hour shifts.  Sometimes I can have a late finish getting to bed around midnight and then have to be up at 5 am to go to an early start (sometimes 12 hour shift) and that can feel very hard on next to no sleep. 
Then things happened last year on top, .. death, family illness which is on-going.  Then there was a down turn for my Grandson.  Things are on an even keel again for him but after that stress I just felt I have had enough.  Sleep got even worse and it feels like just stop the world I want to get off.  I really feel I need that break that is why I asked for holiday asap.  Asap disregarded.  When I retire  in 3 and a half years it won't matter if I can't sleep at night, I can just sleep when I can.  Anyway, sleep meds are not an option now as I was only offered 3 tablets of addictive type and I won't take that so I will just have to try to keep going. I think things may feel better after a break, which won't be too long now.  Thanks for kind words.

Threlfallyorky, I am glad to hear your hubby is out of his agony after successful op.  SiL will have both done too, I think the other side 3 months after the worst side.  I would think even just having one side done would make a fantastic difference for her.

I'm going to make tea now then off for 12 hour nightshift.  I've just been out for the washing.  Thank goodness, it's all dry. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 12 February 24 16:59 GMT (UK) »
Hope everyone who risked putting washing on the line got  it dry.
Mine was but of course very cold so it is on the maiden.
It is hard to tell if cold or wet ,a bit of ironing to do but not much..

Been sorting out that top drawer of the dressing table ———- ::)
Honestly , what junk in there.
All tidy now and the second one down too!

Daughter phones tonight so an easy tea, mushroom omelettes with oven  chips and salad .
Hardly any washing up.

Pancakes tomorrow, need some lemons but I like cinnamon sugar and butter on them too as a change.

Last week on a bus from Bury a group of people got on ,young people with Special Needs. One in a very large wheelchair .
The driver lowered the special platform and the carers got it in but then the ramp would not rise back , the lever seemingly had broken.
The doors would not close either,safety I suppose .
45 minutes later a relief bus came but we were frozen .
Everyone was cheerful and patient .

Got to the end if an interesting book last night to find the last page was half missing ,along the long edge!
The story had ended - a factual account actually but the last page was interesting too from what was still there.
I probably bought it at our Church book stall so would only be very cheap.

Well must make tracks
Look after yourselves folks ,I am at The Heart Failure Clinic tomorrow afternoon , I am being looked after .

Viktoria.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 12 February 24 17:25 GMT (UK) »
My washing is all dry Viktoria but I have over cooked the breaded fish I had in the oven.  It's like I have made a crunchy Anzac biscuit already. ::) Never mind.

Oh Viktoria that is too bad about the book.  Could you get it from the library to find out the ending?

I hope all goes well at the clinic tomorrow and you enjoy your pancakes on return.  I had forgotten it was pancake day.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 12 February 24 17:32 GMT (UK) »
No pancakes here,  my OH   doesn't like them and it is a waste for just me.

I am obviously  retired but if I can't sleep I don't sleep during  the day, well not purposely  but I have been known to gave a 10 minute cat nap in the evening , no control  over that, just nod and I am gone, I am normally  I am up about 7 ish
the thing is sleep doesn't have any affect on what sort of day I have had .

My washing has come in dry, I am a happy bunny.

RTL, another day gone towards your break.

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 12 February 24 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Well I know the ending as it was a biography, but the last page gave some extra details I would like to know ,I can Google it I think, but I wanted to know there and then as the book was finished .
About Johanna ,eldest daughter of Ferdinand of Aragon and Isabella of Castile
She married Philip The Fair ,there was a strong link with Belgium,as his mother was daughter of the Count of Flanders.

A dreadful story of scheming and the treatment of women even when Royal.

Daughter phoned tonight as usual,,and grandson and family visiting at weekend Yippeee!
I send them back with tins of cooked ham fron M&S,they are lean and delicious and for £4-00 a good meal and still some for butties .

Well no book to read tonight ,well I do have three from Christmas, two about the arrival of Jewish people in Manchester and the development of their society and businesses.
The third about Tutankhamen and how Howard Carter had  already  been in his tomb before he made the discovery  public.

Well time for bed ,Hospital tomorrow and I can pop in to M&S for the ham and lemons for pancakes.I change buses just opposite ,
Son wants to drive me but he has a computer  conference on Tuesday afternoons ,it is not a difficult journey,I will manage.

So goodnight everyone ,hope tomorrow is a good day for you all.
Viktoria.

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 13 February 24 10:23 GMT (UK) »
It does frustrate me that folk who compile work rosters think it’s a good idea to put someone straight from a very late shift onto a very early shift the next day. It can’t be the way to get the best out of people, though I appreciate shift working rosters are a jigsaw puzzle!
When I can’t sleep ( and I have a husband who sleeps no bother too) I console myself with the knowledge that folk I know either in real life or virtually might also be looking out the window and having a hot drink at the same time.
North East of England

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 13 February 24 12:10 GMT (UK) »
My O.H. Was an Olympic grade snorer.
He would not believe he did!
I threatened to record him but never did.

Eventually he had to go to a Sleep Apnoea clinic for his own safety as he stopped breathing so many times and for long periods .
A grotesque gadget was made for him but he refused to wear it and I did not blame him.
After two strokes he did try but by then I ‘d had my heart attack so separate rooms ,but he was still audible !

I have slept in baths of posh hotels to get some sleep, holidays were a nightmare, ear plugs little or no use.
Murder was the only alternative until his heart attack when in the hospital ward he kept other very ill patients awake .
But at least he then believed what I said.
When I had mine and needed rest he did use the gadget ,but not very successfully.
I think I snore a bit but also wake with a very dry mouth so possibly it is open when I sleep.
Even so ,I would be pleased to hear him snoring now.

Aaaaaw-
 Viktoria.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 13 February 24 14:01 GMT (UK) »
I too have nights when I spend more time awake than asleep… I read too sometimes it works others not so much.

I am the snorer despite loosing weight it made no difference! We’ve had separate rooms for a number of years so we both get a better nights sleep… holidays always difficult for my OH… I’ve tried everything and nothing works.
Going on holiday for 2 weeks in April… don’t think he’s looking fwd to the nights and I can’t blame him!

Weather here today is grey miserable and wet unlike yesterday which was sunny and a good washing day.

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK