Author Topic: French Marriage Document for Elizabeth Sauzeau and Pierre Martin 1688 Vienne  (Read 78 times)

Offline Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hoping to get a Translation to English for this Vienne Marriage Document dated 17th May 1688.

I know the parents are Elizabeth/Isabeau Sauzeau and Samuel Bernard if that helps with deciphering  this.
So her name would be Elizabeth Bernard.

Offline Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: French Marriage Document for Elizabeth Sauzeau and Pierre Martin 1688 Vienne
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 February 24 18:53 GMT (UK) »
The typed version

Offline Zefiro

• RootsChat Veteran
  • breeze from the west
    • View Profile
Re: French Marriage Document for Elizabeth Sauzeau and Pierre Martin 1688 Vienne
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 February 24 21:05 GMT (UK) »
What you posted is the second copy of the register. The original register has the signatures. ;)

https://archives-deux-sevres-vienne.fr/ark:/28387/vta2afc72a68dbabfef/daogrp/0/1/idsearch:RECH_94c4c0eae6f3d7dfe4ef8779059f16da?id=https%3A%2F%2Farchives-deux-sevres-vienne.fr%2Fark%3A%2F28387%2Fvta2afc72a68dbabfef%2Fcanvas%2F0%2F90&vx=1458.6&vy=-2443.84&vr=0&vz=7.81985

Aujourdhuy 17e may 1688 nous curé
soubsigne avons donné la benediction
nuptiale en face de la Sainte Eglise, apres avoir
publié trois banes par trois
divers jours de dimanches et feste auxquels
il ne s'est trouvé aucun empeschement,
à Pierre Martin, fils de Pierre Martin
l'ainé cardeur de laine et de feu Magdelaine
Brault, et à Elisabeth Bernard, fille de feu
Samuel Bernard et d'Elisabeth Sauzeau,
tous deux de cette paroisse; est faict le
present mariage en l'eglise d'Enjambes,
les jour et an que dessus, en presence des
soubsignés et de plusieurs aultres tous leurs
parens et amis qui ont declaré ne scavoir
signer de ce enquis.
Pierre Martin
Elisabeth Bernard
J. Bernard
Louis Bernard
Marie Braud
Susanne Sauzeau
Marguerite Braud
Estienne Mychelain

Today, May 17, 1688, we undersigned priest, gave the nuptial blessing in front of the Holy Church, after having published three banns on three various days of Sundays and feasts for which there was no hindrance, to Pierre Martin, son of Pierre Martin the elder, wool carder & the late Magdelaine Brault, and to Elisabeth Bernard, daughter of the late Samuel Bernard & Elisabeth Sauzeau, both of this parish; This marriage took place in the church of Enjambes, on the said day and year, in the presence of the undersigned and several others, all their relatives and friends who have declared that they didn't know how to sign when asked.

Offline Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 February 24 21:39 GMT (UK) »
I saw this and thrilled again, so posted on my Tree both versions with the translation in English as well as the French Original Document.

I hope you realise that these translations every time have guided me more and more to finding ancestors...Pierre Aumonier Born 1630 and Wife Judith Bonnet can not hide forever....that is just one of my goals still....

Thank you once again Zefiro.