Author Topic: French Baptim of MARIE FRADET Daughter of MATHURINE GIRAUDEAU-Burial 1684  (Read 334 times)

Offline Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
French Baptim of MARIE FRADET Daughter of MATHURINE GIRAUDEAU-Burial 1684
« on: Wednesday 14 February 24 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Found the burial of Mathurine then noticed the daughter on the same right side of the Document Book for a Baptims in Jazeneuill, Vienne, France.

Yes another poor to read document but always hope that it can be read in some way. Engiish translation or any would be appreciated.

Offline Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: French Baptim of MARIE FRADET Daughter of MATHURINE GIRAUDEAU-Burial 1664
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 February 24 20:46 GMT (UK) »
The Baptsim of Marie Fradet 1664 Jazeneuill Vienne, France

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 February 24 22:40 GMT (UK) »
Rough attempt at literal transcription, modern French  and English translation. Happy to be corercted as some of this was difficult to make out.

Mort
mathurine
giraudeau

Le septiesme jour du mois de Septembre est decedee Mathurine gireaudeau feme de Jacque Fradet agee d’Environ trante trois ans et a este inhumee dans le cemettierre bas estant morte en la communion  Marie mère Ste Eglise apres que moy curé luy ay eu administre les sacremans en témoins de quoy Jay signe le jour susdict mil six cent quatre vingt-quatre
Le septième jour du mois de septembre est décédée Mathurine Gireaudeau femme de Jacques Fradet âgée d’environ trente-trois ans et a été inhumée dans le cimetière bas étant morte en la communion  Marie mère Ste Eglise après que moi curé lui ai eu administré les sacrements en témoins de quoi j'ai signe le jour susdit mil six cent quatre-vingt-quatre

The seventh day of the month of September, Mathurine Gireaudeau, wife of Jacques Fradet, aged about thirty-three years, passed away and was buried in the lower cemetery, having died in the communion of Mary, Mother of the Holy Church, after I, the priest, administered the sacraments to her. In witness whereof, I sign on the aforementioned day, sixteen hundred and eighty-four.
Clarkson, Tolladay, Prevost, Killick, Hicks

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 14 February 24 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Rough attempt at the baptism (Transcription, Modern French, Translation). Excuse any errors - it's late!:

Bap
marie
fradet

Auiourduy troisième Jour de Septembre mil six cent quatre vingt quatre  a este baptizé Marie fille nee de légitime mariage de Jacque Fraden et de Mathurine gireaudeau. Le parrein a este pierre guisnard et la marrenne Marie grelas tous de cette parroisse En temoins de quoy moy cure Jay sousigne

Aujourd’hui troisième jour de septembre mil six cent quatre-vingt-quatre a été baptisé Marie fille née de légitime mariage de Jacques Fradet et de Mathurine Gireaudeau. Le parrain a été Pierre Guisnard et la marraine Marie Grelas tous de cette paroisse en témoins de quoi moi curé j’ai soussigné.

Today, the third day of September, sixteen hundred and eighty-four, Marie, daughter born of the legitimate marriage of Jacques Fradet and Mathurine Gireaudeau, was baptised. The godfather was Pierre Guisnard, and the godmother was Marie Grelas, both from this parish. In witness whereof, I, the priest, have undersigned.

Offline Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 15 February 24 07:53 GMT (UK) »
I really thank you for doing those for me, difficult, well I say impossible.

I knew the Guignard name as I had just been researching him last evening,  the spelling I need to check that..

I went looking for the documents and thought twice about posting as many are very poor to read.

Pierre Guignard was the first husband of Marie Cartry and she went on to marry Jacque Fradet, who died soon afterwards.

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 15 February 24 09:10 GMT (UK) »
I stand to be corrected about the spelling of Guignard/Guisnard. A lot of the letters that look like 'g' are actually an 's'!

Edit: Have just had a look on Filae - a lot of trees for Pierre with the family name GUISNARD in Jazeneuil, but also GUIGNARD!

If you have any further details I can try and track down evidence of which spelling.

Offline Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 15 February 24 09:15 GMT (UK) »
Was just doing the update and thought your wrong about it being 1684 as Marie was born I thought in 1664/5..Now I see they had a 2nd Marie Fradet....in 1668

Thanks again for your time and interest.

A lot of the letters look like an alien has written them...
Aumonier our closest French Ancestor..when they use an s in the name as well it looks more like an f or g even a y.

Offline Woollie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 15 February 24 13:23 GMT (UK) »
I stand to be corrected about the spelling of Guignard/Guisnard. A lot of the letters that look like 'g' are actually an 's'!

Edit: Have just had a look on Filae - a lot of trees for Pierre with the family name GUISNARD in Jazeneuil, but also GUIGNARD!

If you have any further details I can try and track down evidence of which spelling.
i Will Look for the Guignards and see which is more likely....I have been looking for 1681 Baptism of Antoine brother of Marie Fradet B.1684 and I saw a Madeleine Fradet Baptism in that date area and then I saw another Marie Fradet..Would you be able to compare the two Marie's as mistakes of course happen with old or new documents of course...

https://archives-deux-sevres-vienne.fr/ark:/28387/vta3d23a046b6c7135b/daogrp/0/55?id=https%3A%2F%2Farchives-deux-sevres-vienne.fr%2Fark%3A%2F28387%2Fvta3d23a046b6c7135b%2Fcanvas%2F0%2F55&vx=2775.44&vy=-2357.51&vr=0&vz=6.833

2nd page almost to the base.

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: French Baptim of MARIE FRADET Daughter of MATHURINE GIRAUDEAU-Burial 1684
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 15 February 24 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Will look later, as at work just now, but I think this is your Anthoine FRADET's baptism (2nd entry on right hand page)?

https://archives-deux-sevres-vienne.fr/ark:/28387/vta8b1806ec3f854c6d/daogrp/0/23