Author Topic: Woods  (Read 137 times)

Offline porthos

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Woods
« on: Wednesday 14 February 24 21:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone has had better luck than I have finding the Woods family of Aldeburgh, from around 1770 - 1870.

My great-great-great-grandfather was Philip Richardson, from the Richardsons of Aldeburgh. His mother was Eliza Woods and his stepmother was Cecil Elizabeth Woods as both sisters married Norton Richardson.

We have found Cecil and Norton's grave in Aldeburgh and, in the same part of the churchyard, there is a grave for Elizabeth Woods, who we are quite certain was the mother of Eliza and Cecil. Elizabeth's husband was called John.

But we can't find birth records for any of the Woods siblings - we believe there were at least four girls, and Cecil married two of her sisters' widowers (first Starling then Richardson) so they were quite an interesting family!

Does anyone know anything about them?

Thank you in advance!

Offline gobbitt

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Woods
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 February 24 12:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello porthos

The Suffolk FHS discourages lookups from its transcriptions but I'm sure you would find Elizabeth Cecil Woods or Cicely Elizabeth Richardson (1811-1868) and at least eight of her siblings' dates of birth in the Society's Loes & Orford Deaneries Baptism Index (1754-1812). There is also a search service for specific requests.

David

Offline porthos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Woods
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 February 24 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello David,

Thank you so much! I will have a peruse!