Author Topic: Parish records for La Châtaigneraie ?  (Read 1639 times)

Offline JenNZL

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parish records for La Châtaigneraie ?
« Reply #36 on: Monday 19 February 24 07:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both so much! That's really building a picture now and it feels like there's a solid chance of this being the family of the Jean Mandineau who later goes on to say he's from both La Châtaigneraie and Moncoutant.

So we have:

1688: abjuration of Pierre MANDINEAU, aged around 26, originally of Bazoges-en-Pareds, taken in La Châtaigneraie.
[no marriage for Pierre & Marguerite found so far]
1694-1701: Children of Pierre MANDINEAU and Marguerite RUAUD born, baptised in La Châtaigneraie.
1709: Death of Pierre MANDINEAU, aged around 50
1721-1727: Marriage contracts for Anne, Jeanne, and Pierre, taken in La Châtaigneraie (bigger town, perhaps, for this kind of administrative thing? Wonder if that's why they're listed there rather than Moncoutant?) stating that the family is from those listed locations surrounding or in Moncoutant.

...1736 Jean shows up in London stating he's from both La Châtaigneraie (temoinage) and Moncoutant (marriage).

I think the next step for me might be to look further back into the Bazoges-en-Pareds records and see if I can find any more links to the family (since Pierre's abjuration in 1688 suggests that's where he originates from), then look again into the records of Moncoutant and surrounding areas for any RUAU / RUAUD ancestors on Marguerite's side. Feels possible that she's the connection there rather than on the Mandineau side...possibly moved back there after Pierre died in 1709? (pure supposition, of course).

Thanks again for all your help!

Offline JenNZL

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 19 February 24 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Can I ask for help with deciphering the witnesses here too please? I've just now found the marriage contract for Françoise MANDINEAU and Jean JAMIN (parish record of the same linked a few posts back, in which she was described as "nouvel converti")

https://etatcivil-archives.vendee.fr/ark:/22574/s006143790f9820f/6143790fb0d95

I believe this document might link her Francois MANDINEAU and Suzanne GALLOT (uncle and aunt?) but it's (once again) a little hard to make out the relationships in the text. I think so far I have (and please excuse my errors):

"[...] du côté de ladite Mandineau dudit Mandineau de ladite Renée Flandreau épouse et mere, de Jeanne Mandineau sa soeur, de ??? Flandreau et de Jacques [Roclereau?] ses oncles, de Pierre [Breau?] son oncle, de Françoise Mandineau et Suzanne Gallot sa tante, de Madeleine [Brunel?] aussi sa tante, de André Billard son cousin germain..."

Any help much appreciated!

(I'm starting to put together a bit of a tree for that branch of the family based on these relationships to see if I can tie my people into it -- they seem the most likely bunch so far. I believe (based on other records with relationships listed) that Francois MANDINEAU (married to Suzanne GALLOT) was the brother of Antoine MANDINEAU (married to Catherine GAUTRON) of Bazoges-en-Pareds, who are listed alongside Jean MANDINEAU in Riviere's list of refugees (in the first doc shared.)

Thanks in advance.

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 19 February 24 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Les Lesses  near la Blinière and the la Buchellerie castle

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 19 February 24 12:35 GMT (UK) »
Groom and bride had to obtain the consent to mariage of the parents (and some other relatives if one of the parents was dead ?)

Jean Jamin obtained the consent of his mother Marguerite Vendé, Jean Picoron  and René Pineau his brothers -in -law, René Belland his uncle.

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 19 February 24 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Françoise Mandineau obtained the consent of her father and mother (Pierre Mandineau and Renée Flandreau) , Jeanne Mandineau her sister, Jean Flandreau, Jacques Rochereau her uncles, Pierre Breau her uncle, françoise Mandineau and Suzanne Gallet her aunts, Madeleine Brunet also her aunt, André Belland son of a cousin, and some more people ( relatives or friends).

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 19 February 24 12:59 GMT (UK) »
and

Offline JenNZL

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 19 February 24 22:42 GMT (UK) »
Brilliant, thanks so much!