Author Topic: Dublin marriage certificate  (Read 381 times)

Offline Ealasaid McLelland

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dublin marriage certificate
« Reply #9 on: Friday 16 February 24 18:00 GMT (UK) »
scotmom - someone is not telling the truth! I have attached a copy of her death certificate. New name to consider Dillon. I believe you are correct and they were not married. I tried a couple of more deaths for James Ross and had no luck.
This exercise is to determine a DNA connection that I may never find! I appreciate your help!!!

Online scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 16 February 24 18:57 GMT (UK) »
If one of Elsie's descendants has taken a DNA test, then I would suggest you focus on attempting to figure out the likely lineage of Elsie "Dillon/Hyland/Ross/or otherwise" from that, as at the moment, there are no obvious certificate trails under the name combinations she used, other than the two you have.

Depending on the levels of cM matches and the respective shared matches, does drawing up a spreadsheet using the Dana Leeds colour clustering system throw up any likely links to any of the three surnames so far, or help guide you down another path to look?

See:

https://www.danaleeds.com/dna-color-clustering-the-leeds-method-for-easily-visualizing-matches/

"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline Ealasaid McLelland

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 16 February 24 21:15 GMT (UK) »
I will try this method - thank you.