Author Topic: DANIEL, George Arnold + DANIEL, Mary E - burial look up request  (Read 265 times)

Offline BewitchedKat1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DANIEL, George Arnold + DANIEL, Mary E - burial look up request
« on: Sunday 18 February 24 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon, everyone,

I hope that I have adhered to the correct post format; sincere apologies if not.

I am looking to find burial details for George Arnold Daniel (1869-1954: death registered to "Pontypridd") and his wife, Mary E. Daniel (née Williams), born 1871, but have not managed to locate either a death or burial record for her.

I have tried to locate details via various genealogy sites myself but to no avail - and would, therefore, welcome any suggestions that RootsChat members may have.

I know that they lived at 31 Victoria Street, Treherbert, as listed in both the 1921 and 1939 census records.  So, they may have been buried somewhere close by - but I have no idea as things stand.

Any help would be much appreciated!

With thanks and very best wishes as ever,

Katherine

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: DANIEL, George Arnold + DANIEL, Mary E - burial look up request
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 February 24 16:17 GMT (UK) »
Strangely Mary does not appear as Mary E on census etc though George is George A. :-\

Do you have Georges death certificate to establish whether he was widowed
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 February 24 16:32 GMT (UK) »
There are Mary deaths in Pontypridd 1941 age 70 which would fit and 1952 age 81 which would also fit age wise. 

I would look for the closest cemetery to where they were last living and ask there.

Or get the death for George to see his last address and as Rosie says find out if he was married or widowed.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline BewitchedKat1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 February 24 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both so much, @rosie99 and @Milliepede!  I ordered George's death certificate yesterday (great minds!) to see if that could offer any further clues - fingers crossed.  I'm baffled as to why Mary is proving to be so hard to track down; I think you're right in that the 1941 or 1952 options seem most likely.  I suppose the difficulty is that, if either of those are for the same Mary, then George would be listed as "widowed" for both.

I will await the death certificate details for George in the meantime and will update then, hopefully within the next few days - huge thanks for thoughts and efforts in the interim, and please do let me know if you have any further thoughts or ideas. :)

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 18 February 24 20:57 GMT (UK) »
There are Mary deaths in Pontypridd 1941 age 70 which would fit and 1952 age 81 which would also fit age wise. 

I would look for the closest cemetery to where they were last living and ask there.

Or get the death for George to see his last address and as Rosie says find out if he was married or widowed.

third option is

Mary Daniel
Death Age    84
Q2 1956
Pontypridd  Vol 8b p471

Offline BewitchedKat1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 18 February 24 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Ah - thank you, Mabel!

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 19 February 24 07:52 GMT (UK) »

I will await the death certificate details for George in the meantime and will update then, hopefully within the next few days - huge thanks for thoughts and efforts in the interim, and please do let me know if you have any further thoughts or ideas. :)

I do not know if you are aware but you can order digital images from the gro for some years for births and deaths.  These are immediately available and cost £2.50.
Years covered for deaths are 1837 to 1957 and births 1837 - 1923
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 19 February 24 08:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi

If you contact the FH reference library at  Treorchy (next village down from Treherbert) they will be able to check the dates for interments atTreorchy Cemetery which is the largest to locality and area.

https://www.rctcbc.gov.uk/EN/Resident/Libraries/Librarylocationsandopeninghours/TreorchyLibrary.aspx

Scroll down to the email address that says reference library and drop them a line, they are very helpful

Added - They could be buried in same plot, save cost of cert. They will also email you copies of original record if they locate your couple.

Cas
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Offline BewitchedKat1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 19 February 24 11:55 GMT (UK) »
Morning everyone,

Thank you so much for these brilliant further suggestions, @rosie99, @Cas (stallc) and @valerie kehoe via message.  I was not aware of the digital images being immediately available (thank you!) and have now been able to ascertain that Mary Daniel died in 1941: thank you so much for your help in discovering this.

I have also followed the advice to contact the Treorchy archival team, so will hopefully be able to work out where George and Mary were buried in due course.

Many thanks - I will let you know what happens! - and do let me know if you think of anything else that I could try in the interim.

Katherine