Author Topic: Diary week ending 25th February  (Read 3150 times)

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary week ending 25th February
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 20 February 24 10:35 GMT (UK) »
No response yet from Health Centre re new medication ,so just phoned and the letter from the hospital which I handed in to the receptionist at the
H.C. Last Wednesday has gone astray !
No one has seen it at all, I can’t understand why the info it contained has not been sent electronically.
I thought the letter was for me but some unclear directions caused me to phone the Hospital and they said I must take the letter to my G.P.
So I did ,since when it has disappeared.
I should by now be on a different drug ,one temporary and then one permanent!
Honestly ,it could only happen to me!

A bright day so washing in .
I need to think about tea , might need to shop.

Daughter phoned as usual last night so we had a laugh about Kyra.
She is funny, Flash Harry was with my son and the helicopter most of the time.
He is playing football now at school and one of the Dads is forming a team of juniors, how my OH would have loved that !
He was a very good player himself ,I first saw him when he and his brother stood in for two lads of the Church Youth Club team, who were doing exams .
He seemed ti be in two places at once but I did not know his older brother was also playing ,in the distance there was a strong resemblance but closer and it was not so great ,not until the end of the game did I see there were two !
The rest is history.

Well must get on,,best wishes to all with special anniversaries ,those with health problems some improvement and Jeff,you will have to start composing music if you haven’t already done so.
Quite a number ofcomposers had TB,Chopin as eg!
Seriously I hope all is well.

Ta ra as Cilla Black would say.
Viktoria.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 20 February 24 13:07 GMT (UK) »
Talking of vanishing / re-appearing cutler, today I've just found an old butter knife that used to belong to my grandma, lurking under a box that held a silly, never used, ( from my M inLaw! says it all) tiny silver-plated cake forks. without this thread I'd probably never have looked in the bottom of that drawer, out of mere curiosity! Weird.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 20 February 24 13:10 GMT (UK) »
I loathe tea, I’ve never drunk it. I was introduced to coffee around the age of 12 and I’ve drunk that ever since.

I'm not allowed coffee! I have the same issue as King Charles - enlarged prostate. was told some years ago that caffeine acts like a growth hormone on prostate!

But I do like tea - have 8 different loose leaf teas on the go!
I never use tea-bags.

Budget Day today (in IOM at least).
Higher rate of Income Tax raised to 22% Just as well I don't pay tax!
Basic rate stays at 10%.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Online Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 20 February 24 14:59 GMT (UK) »
Lovely sunny day today, though the forecasters say that there will be heavy rain and strong winds tomorrow.  You really have to seize the moment when the sun shines.  I had to go up to my nearest city this morning, but managed to put our a line of washing before I set off and it's ready for ironing now.

Today's trip, using a very busy little bus from out village, was to search for a dress.  I was given a John Lewis voucher at Christmas, which I intended to put towards a nice dress, but quite honestly I didn't see a thing I liked.  I had hoped to find some summery or at least springlike dresses, but no, winter is definitely still in gloomy fashion in that store, and anyway their dresses are well over £100, so I came back empty-handed.  I did manage to buy a pastel de nata (Portuguese custard tart) in M&S to have for my lunch though, mmmmmm!
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 20 February 24 15:22 GMT (UK) »
Many congratulations to those who have their 60 year anniversaries.
North East of England

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 21 February 24 01:00 GMT (UK) »
I am up once again at what I call , silly o'clock,  having one of my can't sleep nights, doesn't matter how busy I am every few days I have a night where I just can't sleep,  drives me mad, I will  be up at 7am ish so it doesn't mean I sleep in, I don't suppose anyone has  got any remedies?

Gillg, locally we dong have any shops to buy nice clothes now, so many shops have closed, did you look in good old M&S?

I am hoping for nice weather tomorrow as I want to tackle curtains in the morning  but the forecast doesn't look very good.

Viktoria, you cram so much into a day, hope you sorted  put your medication

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 21 February 24 10:27 GMT (UK) »
LM
I would have looked in M&S, but my voucher was for John Lewis!  Anyway even with a voucher added in the cost of JL's dresses was way above my limit.  I'm a separates woman at heart, so a dress is something I wear rarely. 

Were you seriously considering washing your curtains today?  It has been a very wet night here and the day is pretty soggy and cold and windy, too.  No washing on my line today.  And I'm having a hot chocolate for my mid-morning drink. ;)

My daughter has just called in with a schedule for our baby-sitting tomorrow.  We are having a sleepover at her house and the to-ing and fro-ing with the 10 and 13 year olds is very complicated.  We have to collect the younger one from school, though the older boy gets himself home from his nearby school.  Then it's football for the little girl and RAF cadets for the boy in the evening.  Early morning activity for the drive to Primary school - all routes are heavily congested at the moment because of several sets of roadworks.  Secondary school starts at 8.30, but the school is close by, so grandson can take himself there.  At least the children are old enough to wash, dress and make breakfast for themselves now, though they sometimes need reminders about the various bits of equipment they need for their activities.  Daughter and her husband are having a dinner at at a posh restaurant and a night away in a hotel.  It's a rare treat for them to be alone together and it's lovely for us to be with the grandchildren.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 21 February 24 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks,L.M.
Well no not yet—- just phoned Ramsbottom Health Centre to see what was happening to be told the letter from the Hospital has “been mislaid” , so they will phone The Heart Failure Clinic to get an electronic copy .
It is a week since I handed it in and one drug was urgent ,it beggars belief that a week later nothing is in place .
I have phoned four times now, with no positive results.

Heavy rain today - well almost every day for a good few weeks ,green algae is everywhere.
However, we are not having to drink dirty water from a mud hole miles from our village !

Just had a phone call from Consultant’s Secretary , a new letter is being sent electronically ,why that was not done in the first place goodness knows!
I know everyone is busy trying their best probably but I saw red this morning
when the Health  Centre intimated I might not have handed it in!
So why did one receptionist say they had seen it and the name of the person on the reception desk the day I did hand it in ,after my description of her.

It will be sorted - soon  I hope but what would have happened had I not chased this up , more delay for urgent medication- or any at all if the letter is not found .
Well sorted now I feel confident ,I need a soothing cuppa, decaffeinated perhaps.

Son has a very bad cough and sore throat, I raided the medicine shop in my kitchen ——- ashamed I had so many outdated drugs.
I usually stock up each Autumn with cough medicine, throat lozenges and Paracetamol ,tissues etc, but am seldom ill, so  they accumulate .
Must have missed at least one sort out ,but all in date order now ,tidy and so to hand if anyone is so ill they might not look at dates,so much to dispose of .
Now to dispose of those outdated ones- I  wonder if the person who delivers my prescription drugs ( as from my “ recreational drugs”  (;D ;D ;D ;D ;D) is allowed to take them back to the Chemist’s ?

Ah well, not a problem in the real world is it ,a minor irritation really.

Had a lovely phone call from Grand daughter last night ,she is 30 in October,
it hardly seems so long ago that baby,so determined from birth , is almost 30. She came a little while before her Grandad’s 63rd Birthday “ The best present ever” he used to call her .

Well ,must get on,some dark coloured washing to do ,will be a drying indoors load !
Cheerio,hope all are in good spirits,not all are well I know so hope they get some improvement with their long term conditions .
Let’s have a laugh, —— “ Two old friends meet in the street, they have not met for years.
They chat about old times ,the one says ‘ You must excuse me, I have an appointment - “ as he looked at his watch.
His friend admired the watch and said so.
“ Yes, I am very proud of this watch ,I got it from my Grandad” .
“ What a wonderful present!”
“ Well not a present exactly ,he sold it to me on his deathbed”
Cheerio.
Viktoria.

P.S. Gillig,enjoy,with the knowledge you can hand the Grandchildren back!
I am sure you are lovely grandparents.
I had no granny, nothing between me and my mother’s wrath.
She was 41 when I was born so my early teenage years were her during her menopause.!Fireworks!!!
V.

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 21 February 24 12:03 GMT (UK) »
You don't need the medical worries Viktoria, especially with difficulties getting through to get attention in first place with appointments etc, similar issues re doctors surgeries and appointment delays NZ too in some places with shortage of doctors. We were quite well served where we were and thankfully not too bad here having registered with a doctor nearby who was taking new patients, also we've both had very quick referrals from our previous doctor for hospital followups. We're a bit further away from a hospital now though and my appointment was at a different one than husband had his one, but all good while we're mobile enough!

Following threads along the way while weeks go by, don't usually log into RC to post while using phone but can keep up with a read here and there. We no longer have a landline and our mobile phones are much more in use, though I don't always have my sound on but check the screen periodically. A video call came through at 6.40 am this morning ... and do you think I could find the phone! It rang for some time and so thinking perhaps an urgent family call. We were both barely awake, I didn't go to bed until 2am, but just as I tracked the phone down call ended. Neither of us had our phones on charge, husband had forgotten and left it on top of a display cabinet and mine fully charged. Anyway call was from a friend in North America re another friend, he's excused re time of call ... but just as well we didn't take the video call in our state of undress!

Very warm nights though as days start to shorten a bit less so, daytime temps very summery and a good run of lovely days, unlike the devastating cyclones we had last summer!