Author Topic: Emma Seally - Luscombe death  (Read 84 times)

Offline Vixen999

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Emma Seally - Luscombe death
« on: Wednesday 21 February 24 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi All :)

I have an Emma Seally - with lots of various spellings of her surname on my ancestry tree.  Emma was born around 1858 Dittisham, Devon.  Her father was Robert Seally - again many different spellings of her surname.

Samuel Luscombe married Emma Seally/Silley/silly = its difficult to track Emma's ancestral line as the spelling of her surname changes repeatedly eg Her father is believed to be Robert Seeleye/Seally/Silly/silley 1829 etc who married Ann Ellis, 1831.  Robert's father William is down as Silly.  I found all birth registrations for Emma's siblings {eliza ann seally, mary jane ellis seally, Ann Elizabeth Seally, Robert Henry Seally, William Robert Ellis Seally, John Henry Seally, Hannah Elizabeth Seally} but cannot find one for Emma - this could be due to the spelling issue.  Robert Seally, Emma and family came from Dittisham, Devon.

Was wondering if anyone can track the birth record for Emma but importantly her death record.  Emma's daughter, Sarah Ann Luscombe immigrated to Canada and married a John Turner Harris Hatten in Devon before immigrating. 

Due to the difficulty in locating Emma's death record, there was some thought she could have gone to Canada but I have found no record.  Emma is listed on the 1901 census in Devon, with her sons Samuel and Sydney Luscombe.

Thanks

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Emma Seally - Luscombe death
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 February 24 12:56 GMT (UK) »
Emmas father was listed as Robert Seally occ Mariner on her marriage in 1878
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk