Author Topic: Piotr (Peter) and Marianne PALACHICKY, arrived Adelaide 5 Oct 1949  (Read 343 times)

Offline GeoffTurner

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Piotr (Peter) and Marianne PALACHICKY, arrived Adelaide 5 Oct 1949
« on: Friday 23 February 24 02:48 GMT (UK) »
I am interested to find a place and date for the marriage of this couple, if someone has access to European records. It seems Piotr (1920-1997) and Marianne (nee Groß, 1926-2022) met in Germany at the end of the war as displaced persons and travelled to Naples, where they caught the SS Victory to Australia, departing on 4 Aug 1949 and arriving on 5 Oct 1949. I know Marianne was at Dernau, Ahrweiler, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany, on 14 Dec 1945.
Thanks, Geoff

Offline shume

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Piotr (Peter) and Marianne PALACHICKY, arrived Adelaide 5 Oct 1949
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 February 24 04:20 GMT (UK) »
Their son Roman was born 14.12.1945 at Dernau, Germany according to Displaced persons records (Ancestry)
Its possible they were married there c 1944-45 and their religion is listed as GC but I can't find anything about that.. if you can it might help to narrow down a church maybe?
HUME: Fermanagh, Donegal,Sligo,Australia
PASFIELD: Essex, London
SHAW/STANLEY: Co Waterford,Ireland, Australia

Offline GeoffTurner

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Piotr (Peter) and Marianne PALACHICKY, arrived Adelaide 5 Oct 1949
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 February 24 04:36 GMT (UK) »
I believe Roman is still alive so Rootschat rules preclude us talking about him. But I did note in my question that I knew Marianne was at Dernau on 14 Dec 1945. It has been suggested to me that the religion GC stands for Global Charismatic, an evangelical church. But I have no proof of that.