Author Topic: Marriage - Paul Joseph Martin Defrance 1785 Mouflieres--Saint-Nicolas  (Read 486 times)

Offline apaulin

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage - Paul Joseph Martin Defrance 1785 Mouflieres--Saint-Nicolas
« on: Saturday 24 February 24 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Could I have a transcription and translation of the above marriage please.

The link is as follows:

https://archives.somme.fr/ark:/58483/cz5r2spk9t78/60556e99-3671-4a7d-9833-30d4271b3886

page 163 of 206

Thank you

apaulin

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage - Paul Joseph Martin Defrance 1785 Mouflieres--Saint-Nicolas
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 February 24 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Transcription:

Le 17 mai 1785 ont été par moi curé de la paroisse soussigné marié solennellement Paul Joseph Martin Defrance laboureur fils majeur des defuncts Jean Defrance et Marie Magdelene Dallier de la paroisse de Nelette assisté de Jean Louis Defrance son frere et de Charles Antoine Demason d’une part et Marie Therese Gertrude Parment fille majeure de defunct Jean Baptiste Parment laboureur et de Marie Margueritte Briet de cette paroisse assisté de Nicolas Boniface, de Henri, et de Jean Baptiste Parment les frères d’autres part. Les parties ont obtenu de Monseigneur L’Evêque d’Amiens une dispense de consanguinité au troisième degré. Les bans ont été publié par trois divers jours de dimanche sans qu’il nous ait apparu aucune opposition ni empechement, les fiançailles celebrées selon la forme prescrite par l’Eglise et ont les parties et témoins signé avec nous le present acte.

Note: not all accents are present, but even when I removed them they kept creeping back in due to autocorrect!
Clarkson, Tolladay, Prevost, Killick, Hicks

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 February 24 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Translation:
On 17 May 1785, I, the undersigned parish priest, solemnly married Paul Joseph Martin Defrance, a farmer and legal son of the deceased Jean Defrance and Marie Magdelene Dallier from the parish of Neletteand in the presence of his brother, Jean Louis Defrance, and Charles Antoine Demason and, Marie Therese Gertrude Parment, a legal daughter of the deceased Jean Baptiste Parment, a farmer, and Marie Margueritte Briet of this parish, in the presence of Nicolas Boniface, Henri, and Jean Baptiste Parment, her brothers. The parties obtained a dispensation for third degree of consanguinity from Monseigneur, the Bishop of Amiens. The banns were published on three different Sundays without any opposition or impediment. The engagement was celebrated according to the prescribed form of the Church, and the parties and witnesses signed this present document with us.

Note:
I have removed d'une part …d'autre part.
Laboureur has several translations including husbandman and ploughman.
Assisté also has several translations - witnessed, supported by, in the presence of, assisted by etc.

The phrase 'third degree of consanguinity' refers to a relationship between two people who are related by blood. They are three steps or 'degrees' apart on a consanguinity chart. For example, a person and his uncles and aunts are three degrees of consanguinity apart. You would count from the person to his parent, which is one degree, and then to his grandparent, which is two degrees. From there you'd count down one degree to the person's aunts and uncles. This is a total of three degrees, or the 'third degree of consanguinity.' Another example of the third degree of consanguinity would be between a person and his great-grandchildren. It is one degree from the person to his children, then a second degree to his grandchildren, and a third degree to his great-grandchildren

Offline apaulin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 24 February 24 20:00 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for your quick response Manukarik, and for the details on consanguinity.

I have found Paul Joseph Martin Defrance birth record in Neslette in 1747. Could I have a transcription and translation for this please.

The link is:

https://archives.somme.fr/ark:/58483/9sc7wh84m31x/2c01f57f-d9f9-43e2-98f9-6fd578b68357

page 92 of 242

Thank you
apaulin

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 February 24 00:01 GMT (UK) »
Transcription:

Le 30e juin 1747 est né paul joseph martin de france fils de jean defrance et de marie magdelaine dallier marié ensemble a été baptizé dans l’église de st martin de nelette par moi priëur curé a eu pour parein joseph mattre et pour mareinne angelique de France qui ont signé le present acte les iour et an susdits le priëur curé f  lamarche

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 25 February 24 00:14 GMT (UK) »
Translation:

On the 30th of June 1747, Paul Joseph Martin defrance was born, the son of Jean Defrance and Marie Magdelaine Dallier. They were married together and he was baptised in the church of St Martin of Neslette by me, the parish priest. The godfather was Joseph Mattre, and the godmother was Angélique Defrance, both of whom signed the present document on the aforementioned day and year. The parish priest, F. Lamarche, also signed.

Note: prieur = prior, but I have not translated it as it sounds very strange in English!

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 25 February 24 06:44 GMT (UK) »
The correct spelling is prieur-curé " religieux desservant une cure dépendant d'un ordre monastique " according to the " dictionnaire de l´Académie française", could be translated as "abbé".

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 25 February 24 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks joger!

Offline apaulin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 25 February 24 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Thank you manukarik and joger for your input on Paul Joseph Martin Defrance.

I now have his birth and marriage details.

I think that I now have details of his death under the name Joseph Paul Martin Defrance at Neslette  on 10 Jun 1808. However, I am having difficulty finding his actual record for Transcription and translation in the Neslette records which I think is within the following link:

https://archives.somme.fr/ark:/58483/t28hz56vnjx9/2460365d-57dd-4d48-ae3c-946950cf9dc7

Is it possible to locate and translate please.

Many thanks

apaulin