Author Topic: RAOB Winchester  (Read 127 times)

Offline Rhonda varley

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
RAOB Winchester
« on: Sunday 25 February 24 00:40 GMT (UK) »
I found a photo of my Grandad that shows him as Grand Primo of the RAOB in Winchester this would have been around 1980-1989 are there records of him that can be found and other people that were part of the Winchester Buffs which closed in 2017 in Winchester. I remember them at his funeral and it was so moving they sang around his coffin would be amazing to see if any of them are still alive as some were a lot younger than my Grandad and see if they have any photos or info about what he did etc. if anyone can help with finding this out i would be greatful. He was a member of the 6th RA West Midlands Regiment if that helps and his name was Douglas Sterling Pettitt

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: RAOB Winchester
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 February 24 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat  :D

May I suggest that you try emailing the main RAOB?  Email addy is:- webmaster@raobgle.org.uk

There is also a phone number:- 01423 502438

I would recommend that you try phoning first to see if you get any response.  Someone else emailed and didn't appear to get any reply.

They do have a Facebook group but it depends on whether you have Facebook yourself.  If you do you may be able to make contact through that.
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire