Author Topic: Ancestors resting place in the "chancel" St Margarets church Stanford le Hope  (Read 343 times)

Offline tornado

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi everyone . I have an 8th G Grandfather Jacob de Rouffignac , a French Huguenot . I have followed his background and genealogy for a long time now . The only thing missing is an image of the Family resting place! in the "Chancel" at St Margarets church in Stanford le Hope Essex . I wonder if any kind soul from this area could send me this picture by email?. I live in the north west so i cannot do it myself . The details for Jacob are as follows. Jacob de Rouffignac born 1640 France and Died 5th dec 1721 and his Wife also buried with him is Madeleine Rouffignac born 1650 and Died 1718 . Thank you and best wishes .

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestors resting place in the "chancel" St Margarets church Stanford le Hope
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 February 24 18:11 GMT (UK) »
Have you contacted the church to enquire if it's something they may be able to help with?

Have you established there is a visible memorial?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestors resting place in the "chancel" St Margarets church Stanford le Hope
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 February 24 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Just to be going on with, here's an interior shot of the church. The chancel is the narrower area beyond the arch, containing the high altar. https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4046533

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 26 February 24 21:22 GMT (UK) »
I think you've seen this from The Antiquities of Essex, Nathaniel Salmon, pub 1740?

Offline tornado

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 27 February 24 12:45 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all for the valuable info reg Jacob , it is wonderful . The picture of inside Church is superb and gives me a good idea of the layout . Also , the article about the burial of Jacob is good proof of it all . Best wishes .