Author Topic: Marriage: Marie Joseph Defrance and Benjamin Robbé Neslette 1783/1787 ?  (Read 228 times)

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage: Marie Joseph Defrance and Benjamin Robbé Neslette 1783/1787 ?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 01 March 24 14:44 GMT (UK) »
I will translate later if no one beats me , but I can't until a few hours.

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 02 March 24 14:57 GMT (UK) »
1783 21rst of june after the publication of banns  in this parochial church as well as in Villers sur Campsart's church for the marriage to come of Benjamin Robbe , 25 years'old , son of Jacques Robbe et the late Marie Catherine Lesieur from the parish of Villers sur Campsart and Marie Josephe Defrance 16 years's old daughter of the late Jean Defrance and Marie Françoise de la Marre from this parish on 3 consecutive sundays and holidays without any impediment or opposition civil or canonical , as appeared to us according to the letter of Messire (or maitre ) Corbier, abbe of Villers sur Campsart dated on 15 june 1783 and signed by him , we , abbe of Nellete, after the engagement with the ceremonies correctly celebrated  on the day before , gave them the nuptial benediction with the ceremonies prescribed by the Holy Church in the presence of on the groom's side his father Jacques Robbe and on the bride's side her mother Françoise delamarre, Joseph defrance  her "frère sanguin", Jean Baptiste daboval, Antoine lefevre, witnesses who signed with us on the above said day an year but not Jacque Robbe and Françoise de la marre who cannot write andmade their ordinary marks .

erasure and "intersigne" approved

signatures

erasure:

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 02 March 24 15:11 GMT (UK) »
"frère sanguin" means here "frère consanguin" , Marie Josephe Defrance and Joseph Defrance had the same father but different mothers.

https://gw.geneanet.org/mcossard?lang=fr&pz=maryse&nz=cossard&p=jacques&n=robbe
jean defrance and F. delmart (= delamarre) 's marriage , he was widow of Madeleine D...?

https://archives.somme.fr/ark:/58483/9sc7wh84m31x/c3fa8232-f0c3-44c6-b5cb-7d38dc6e01b7
death of jean's preceding wife called Dalier or Dolier

Offline apaulin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 02 March 24 20:07 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Joger for the translation of the marriage, and for the additional information you supplied.

I am most grateful

apaulin