Author Topic: Uploading Raw DNA to Another Site  (Read 416 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Uploading Raw DNA to Another Site
« Reply #9 on: Friday 01 March 24 18:30 GMT (UK) »
Exactly.

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Biggles50

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 01 March 24 21:34 GMT (UK) »
How do you think many people have 'managed by' against their names?

All these people are linked to their own DNA (and e-mails)  and  access their reports etc.

Because the owner of the DNA gives permission, my Wife technically manages my DNA because I gave her permission.  We manage one of my Cousins because he registered and Account with Ancestry and then he sent us via the Ancestry system the offer to manage his DNA.  This is the way to do it.

Using false names and eMail addresses to upload A N Others raw DNA is not IMO legal

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 01 March 24 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Yes that is what I did. 

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 01 March 24 22:34 GMT (UK) »
From MyH

On the FamilyTreeDNA homepage, on the top navigation bar, hover your cursor over Upload DNA Data, and click Autosomal DNA on the drop-down menu.
You are directed to the autosomal DNA transfer page.

Complete the fields by entering the first and last name, email address, and sex of the person whose data you are transferring. (If you are transferring someone else’s data, make sure to enter their name and sex NOT yours.)

Also, you can't upload DNA files to Ancestry.

Offline Genie24

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 02 March 24 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Well, I managed to upload my cousin's DNA to My Heritage. I also manage my husband's and parent's kits on there and other sites and they are all under their own name and with their permission. I understand as a manager, I am permitted to download DNA.

It tool a few attempts but I think that was due to problems on Ancestry website. Eventually, it downloaded in seconds and only took a couple of minutes to upload it to MY Heritage.
Anderson/Andersson, Imison, Lang, Humble, Mallinder, Brett, Ridley, Ferries, Hall