Author Topic: Upcoming changes to tools at AncestryDNA  (Read 1991 times)

Offline ikas

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming changes to tools at AncestryDNA
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 30 March 24 10:09 GMT (UK) »
When was this, I think they have just added several new features to it?

I just logged into USA site this morning but cannot see any new features listed in the ProTools subscription page. Have you subscribed?

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 30 March 24 10:39 GMT (UK) »
When was this, I think they have just added several new features to it?

I just logged into USA site this morning but cannot see any new features listed in the ProTools subscription page. Have you subscribed?
No not yet. I checked the original video from Ancestry, and they say the new features will be coming in the first half of 2024, so probably haven't been added yet. For ProTools, they will be

https://youtu.be/Q7QAJjYtXLU?t=460

1. You will be able to see how much your shared matches share with other matches, which will be very useful (and of course already possible in the other sites)
2. Ability to group all shared matches into one group with one click.
3. Ability to sort shared matches by matches' closest matches.
4. Highlight matches that have triangulated shared segments (also already possible in the other sites)

Offline ikas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 30 March 24 10:49 GMT (UK) »
No not yet. I checked the original video from Ancestry, and they say the new features will be coming in the first half of 2024, so probably haven't been added yet.
Guess I will just have to be patient then. Sigh.

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 30 March 24 11:46 GMT (UK) »
I think that most useful aspect of these features (apart from the much wished-for and still not happening chromosome browser) is seeing what relationship a shared match has with other matches you both have in common. It's one of the two features I most like about MyHeritage (the other being the chromosome browser of course!)

Unfortunately, I have relatively few matches on other sites than Ancestry so the whole DNA hunt experience is proving more than a little frustrating  ;D
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Especially looking for - Sealey, Rogers, Cannings, Box, Sheppard in Wiltshire; Virgin, Slade, Abbott, Saint, Harper, Silverthorn in Somerset; and Virgin, Tarr, Beer in Devon

And most especially the origins of William Cannings,  a Baptist, born abt 1791 in Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire

Offline CorleyMiller

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 30 March 24 15:29 GMT (UK) »
I'm also looking forward to seeing the relationship between my shared matches like MH does, would be really useful to me as well.

The one minor change I keep suggesting to them is on the main list page of all matches, just to show the number of shared matches I have with each. That way I can tell straight away that if they have no matches and no tree I can give them a coloured dot for 'no tree no matches' and just move on.   

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 30 March 24 17:07 GMT (UK) »
I'd not thought of that but it would certainly be a good idea!
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Especially looking for - Sealey, Rogers, Cannings, Box, Sheppard in Wiltshire; Virgin, Slade, Abbott, Saint, Harper, Silverthorn in Somerset; and Virgin, Tarr, Beer in Devon

And most especially the origins of William Cannings,  a Baptist, born abt 1791 in Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire

Offline decor

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 30 March 24 18:56 GMT (UK) »
I'm also looking forward to seeing the relationship between my shared matches like MH does, would be really useful to me as well.

The one minor change I keep suggesting to them is on the main list page of all matches, just to show the number of shared matches I have with each. That way I can tell straight away that if they have no matches and no tree I can give them a coloured dot for 'no tree no matches' and just move on.   

That's such a good idea
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk