Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 10 March 2024  (Read 3575 times)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 10 March 2024
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 07 March 24 14:12 GMT (UK) »
RTL delighted to hear about your grandson. Brilliant news.
North East of England

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 07 March 24 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks too for your kind words Candleflame.  Things are still on-going re treatment and will be until the end of 2026 but things seem to be heading in the right direction.  This is a milestone we have longed for. : :D
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 07 March 24 14:24 GMT (UK) »
RTL, that's such good news about your grandson, what a relief for you all and how lovely for you to be able to see him in person. Very pleased to hear that you've had a good rest and a decent break from your work.

Re the tree stump, it may have been done now because at the end of the financial year the councils have to spend any money left in their budgets as it can't be carried forward. No idea why that is, seems barmy to me but that's the way it's always been!

My local council was apparently given a grant to maintain the bridleways. The nearby lane that goes all the way down to the coast road was very narrow further down, the whole lane has now had the verges cut right back and the hedges have been given a very hard pruning. The lane is now much wider, unfortunately that means that some people who don't know the area think they can drive down but find out part way down that that isn't the case! And I believe some satnavs have sent people that way too.

The pruning hasn't gone down well with some people who think the vegetation has been killed off but it won't be long before everything is green again and stronger than ever.

I've cut my front lawn today, it's pretty chilly here but I took the chance after there's at last been a run of a few dry days.

Hope the op has gone well BumbleB.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 07 March 24 14:46 GMT (UK) »
First cataract removed!!  No real pain, just like having a bit of grit in the eye.  It will also be better when I can remove the plastic shield during the day - from tomorrow.   :)
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 07 March 24 14:49 GMT (UK) »
We have had far to much heavy rain for me to be able to cut the lawn, was a beautiful day yesterday, I went to the coast and sitting  on the cliffs the sun was so warm I could feel it on my knees even though I had trousers on, today bright but cold and windy, a few days like this I might get my lawn mown, the gardening is down to me.

RTL,  my Dr has encouraged me  to start to take BP medication, didn't want to but with all  the problems  you can have if you don't can't bear thinking about, so reluctantly I have been persuaded

Viktoria,  you are a very caring soul  to your friends who seem to be suffering from time to time.

Someone I know very well was holidaying in India when her husband suddenly died, about a week ago,  she hasn't returned home yet, they had intended to stay for 4 months , feel very sad for her having to come home alone.

I had better jump to it as  they say, our grandaughter  is coming  in for a meal this evening.

Bumble B, hope all  went well for you today.

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 07 March 24 14:50 GMT (UK) »
Bumble B, just caught your message as I sent mine, so pleased it went well

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 07 March 24 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks too Roobarb for your kind words.
Yes, that probably is why the stump has gone if they can't carry money over, as you say.
Oh you've done well to cut your lawn already.  I'll have to try to get mine done too the first reasonably nice day when I'm off.  Too bitter today for me.

I'm glad to hear you had no real pain Bumble B.  Hopefully, you can put your feet up now and relax for the rest of the night knowing that is out the way.

LM, I know what you mean.  I wasn't best pleased about having to go on bp meds to begin with but hopefully it will keep us going for longer.  Last time I had mine checked I was told it is now alright .. due to the med.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 07 March 24 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Glad it is all done Bumble Bee .
Take it easy now .

A very cold evening ,Very cold.
Electric blanket tonight.!

Have to go to Dr’s Surgery tomorrow with my copy of the letter from the Nurse practitioner at the Hospital.
I was supposed to have a kidney test 7-10 days after my hospital visit ,that was  February  13th.Nothing as yet.
It was a “ repeat kidney test “ ,well I haven’t had any as yet!
It would also seem the usual copy has not reached the Health Centre - yet on my copy it says that a copy was sent electronically .
Oh Dear, it will get sorted I am sure.

Just watched the Young Writers’ awards being presented ,some very clever children.
Last part of the attempted rescue of the people in the Titan sub, viewing the Titanic wreck ,tonight.

Cheerio folks.
Hope you all get a good night’s sleep.
Viktoria.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 07 March 24 20:17 GMT (UK) »
RTL - so very pleased to hear news of your grandson although still a way to go but uplifting to be able to see him in person. They are such a delight these grandchildren and definitely lift ones spirits. Good news too that you’ve had you much awaited weeks break and hope you feel refreshed to co to us on with your scheldules!

BB - good to hear your eye op has been successful, it’s certainly good to get the shield off in the morning. You’ll find its wonderful how much better you can see so quickly after the op! Hope all your other treatments go well too.

Viktoria- it’s a good job you’re on the ball re all your medical situations, they don’t seem to be getting to grips with electronic details! Good old paper copies! I’m sure your friend will really welcome the plant you’re sending her.

LM - going onto BP medication has to be good… I’ve just done a 7 day bo monitoring and looks like I’ll have to be going on it too 😢 don’t take any meds for anything so I’m a nap it disappointed that I will have to.

Roobarb- well done for mowing your lawn our is still  soggy and squelchy… our neighbour did his and then we had a frost and now it’s looking dreadful!

Hope everyone who’s not feeling great soon will feel better, hopefully a bit of warm sunshine would buck us all up!

Caroline

Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK