Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 10 March 2024  (Read 3567 times)

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 10 March 2024
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 07 March 24 22:34 GMT (UK) »
RTL so pleased to hear the good news about your grandson. He’ll be pleased to see his friends again. Also glad you’ve managed to have a few days rest.

BB good news your eye op went well.

LM I’m sure the BP medicine will help. Sorry to hear about your friend’s husband.

Viktoria I’m most impressed how you keep up to date with all your appointments. You certainly keep all your health professionals on their toes. They sound as if they need it too!

Good luck to everyone else who needs it.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 08 March 24 05:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Caroline and Gibel for your kind words too.

This is just very quick as I'll be heading off to work soon. I hope the buses will have some heat on.  It sounds windy and looks cold and wet outside.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 08 March 24 07:33 GMT (UK) »
Its chilly here this morning but the sun is out, does seem to make a difference , psychological  I suppose, sun out I feel warmer but it really isn't if that makes sense.

Bumble , hope you eye feels easier today

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 08 March 24 09:16 GMT (UK) »
Just trying to phone my friend in Wales,The South Gower,no answer but could be in the shower, it is her 90 th Birthday today, but won’t feel like celebrating having  so recently lost her eldest son .

Hope your eye feels better today, BumbleB.
A greyish morning ,I have to deliver a letter that came yesterday and a copy ought to have been sent to the Health Centre but of course hasn’t ,so I will ring first,maybe it has got to them by now but it does say it has been sent electronically to my GP, but up to yesterday it had not!
Also mentions a “ recent renal test” well I must have been unconscious because I haven’t had one!
Oh dear .
Imagine these things happening to someone housebound and even more forgetful than I am!
Enough of me .

Those who watched the second half of the programme about the mini submersible going to see the wreck of Titanic, whew, a lot of mistakes and risks taken ,the risk taker was one in it too .
I think we have much film footage if the wreck and it is in a way a grave and ought to be respected now.

Hood you get in with your BP medication Caw and LM.
It can help your heart and stave off strokes and other things , it will be a great help.

I will phone the Health Centre after one more try to contact my birthday friend .
Cheerio.Viktoria.

Offline Marianthompson47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 09 March 24 15:29 GMT (UK) »
We have had a wonderful day here with blue skies. But rather chillly. I'm aching to get out and start sowing. However we let the paraffin go out of date and the greenhouse is cold. To start or not is my question.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 09 March 24 15:31 GMT (UK) »
Just trying to phone my friend in Wales,The South Gower,no answer but could be in the shower, it is her 90 th Birthday today, but won’t feel like celebrating having  so recently lost her eldest son .

Hope your eye feels better today, BumbleB.
A greyish morning ,I have to deliver a letter that came yesterday and a copy ought to have been sent to the Health Centre but of course hasn’t ,so I will ring first,maybe it has got to them by now but it does say it has been sent electronically to my GP, but up to yesterday it had not!
Also mentions a “ recent renal test” well I must have been unconscious because I haven’t had one!
Oh dear .
Imagine these things happening to someone housebound and even more forgetful than I am!
Enough of me .

Those who watched the second half of the programme about the mini submersible going to see the wreck of Titanic, whew, a lot of mistakes and risks taken ,the risk taker was one in it too .
I think we have much film footage if the wreck and it is in a way a grave and ought to be respected now.

Hope you get on with your BP medication Caw and LM.
It can help your heart and stave off strokes and other things , it will be a great help.

I will phone the Health Centre after one more try to contact my birthday friend .
Cheerio.Viktoria.

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 09 March 24 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for your good wishes related to my cataract removal.  The grittiness has diminished AND

I have to wear an eye guard overnight, but yesterday I did notice when I woke up, just after sunrise, that I could plainly see the decorative border on the wall over the curtains with my left eye (cataract removed) whilst it was still all foggy with my right eye.  8) 8)
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 09 March 24 17:24 GMT (UK) »
The return of clear blue skies and the yellow glow of Phoebe in the sky yesterday and today brought me out of my usual winter torpor and I started a clear out of  years of accumulated documents, stored in cupboards.  that I no longer need.    the bin men will be surprised at the amount of paper they find in my bin on their next visit.

The Alfred Hitchcock mystery murder puzzle that I'm currently doing  is coming along but for the life of me I can't recall previously doing it, although I can see that I've cellotaped the bag that holds the pieces, which I usually do.

Phoebe awoke me early today and I hand washed a few smalls before having breakfast.  I'd just settled down to enjoy a TV programme when two little girlish squeals startled me - I had two more hours of excitedly squealing children aged one and three asking me to  "Snickersneeze me grandma".  "My turn grama".  I think the three year old has been here before and she's a whizz at maths !!!

Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Online Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 09 March 24 17:58 GMT (UK) »
A dull day today and rather cold,  rain forecast for this evening and tomorrow. I hope there was a good turnout for the Spring Fayre at Church today. I regret not being able to do my bit these days, there is always a lot of hard work involved.

I had a wonderful surprise this afternoon, a visit from a friend I hadn’t seen for sixty two years. It was a real trip down memory lane. We were born five months apart in opposite houses, we played together from being toddlers, although we went to different schools. We last met just before my OH and I moved abroad, we have always kept in touch but never managed to meet up.

It’s surprising the memories that one can dredge up from all those years ago. ;D ;D
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.