Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 10 March 2024  (Read 3561 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary summary week ending 10 March 2024
« on: Monday 04 March 24 09:16 GMT (UK) »
Morning folks,  here begineth another week.
Beautiful day here after a frosty start, hope you are all feeling  chipper.

Not a lot going on apart from Drs  appt checking up on medication  ,they really put the frighteners on you if you decline medication  so have to have a chat today to decide what I will do, I do seem to be ticking along ok.

Would be nice if we had a few days of sunshine to dry the gardens up  my grass is quite boggy with all the rain, needs mowing  but will have to wait.

Take care

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 10 March 2024
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 March 24 10:24 GMT (UK) »
It seems that the old adage of "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb" isn't on the cards this year.  I have a lovely blue sky above my rooftop and it's this sort of weather that brings out the urge to spring clean..  I washed a load of laundry during the cheap electricity period but it wont go outside to dry because despite the sunshine there's a lot of moisture in the air.  the items will be hung on my clothes dryer and the radiators.  At last (!) I have some blossoms in the my garden.  Small "alpine" daffodils are smiling in the large blue plantpots in my back yard and the front garden is now waking up with a show of small blue and also white flowers,  goodness knows what they are , I shall ask son to take a photo and enlarge it so that I can name them :-)

There's been a news item about children starting school and not being toilet trained so are wearing nappies/diapers. The youngsters don't even have a family word to utter when they need to relieve either their bladder or their bowel .   I've been sorting through some of my old 1940s photographs, that include mums with babes in arms - the babies wearing white sheeting as napkins.  Additionally, tots aren't wearing nappies/diapers on the beach or in parks, they're running around wearing tops only, which meant the tot knew when it was watering the grass and which part of the body it came from.   Due to rationing , I remember my mother cutting up a pair of my grandmother's bloomers to make me a pair of knickers.  The photos show that the elastic in one leg has given up the ghost , which meant one leg of the garment was hanging down showing just how much room had been left for me to "grow into". 

I shall be piecing together one of my old Alfred Hitchcock jigsaw mystery puzzles:  "read,  assemble, solve."

Best wishes to everyone,
Rena
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 March 24 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello, just been out in the glorious sunshine checking if the washing is dry.

What a lovely day.
Heard a bird in a nearby big tree singing what sounded like “ appeetzapeetzapeetzapeet” another from right down at the cemetery answered the same ,it went in fir a good few minutes ,no idea what it could be but as well as I could see it in thr twigs it was not as big as a pigeon but bigger like than a sparrow ,seemed a whitish chest.
Must look in my bird book .
Well groundbreaking news! I am booked in at a Dentist,very local as a NHS patient.
My appointment yesterday at my usual one cost £65 for a look,but I once again had to tell the Dentist I had a cavity at the back of the last top molar ,and a chip broken off another molar from something very hard in Granola breakfast cereal!
It is ridiculous, he has a big plan for my teeth,pre Covid was costing £6,000 but now will be £9000!and that is a conservative estimate.
I phoned on chance ,and got taken on ,appointment on Wednesday 13March .
at another Dentist.
They had advertised that they had taken on another Dentist so I phoned after my son told me .There is a bus stop opposite going and one nearby on the same side returning .
My next appointment at the expensive one is Wednesday 21st March,hopefully I can cancel that .
, at the new Dentust March 13th.
It will be difficult if I am not happy with what is done !
But I think I am allowed to try what I can afford against really expensive treatment .

Did anybody watch the TV documentary “ The Push” ? It was gripping stuff ..Interesting to see Scotland’s legal system in action.

The Sarah Everard case is on this evening and the search for Flight  MH370 which disappeared ten years ago.

Hope those unwell have some improvement ,I feel quite a bit better after only two days if the revised medication .

Well ,might do a bit of gardening , I think the apple tree buds have been prcjed away—- Bullfinches are often the culprits !

Cheerio.
Viktoria.

Online BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 March 24 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello Viktoria

I had to have an emergency extraction of a chipped tooth in December 2020. I suggested it should be x-rayed, the Dentist agreed and the x-ray suggested the root had died and the tooth was already dead, causing it to break up and show externally.

No amount of filling, capping or whatever would have saved it.

The x-ray and 2nd visit for extraction was £62.10

There are a set of standard NHS contributory costs for NHS Dental work, when you don't qualify for totally free NHS Dentistry.

Mark

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 March 24 15:33 GMT (UK) »
My appointment yesterday at my usual one cost £65 for a look,but I once again had to tell the Dentist I had a cavity at the back of the last top molar ,and a chip broken off another molar from something very hard in Granola breakfast cereal!

Doesn't sound like he had much of a look if you had to tell him about the cavity Viktoria!
Good luck with the new one.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 05 March 24 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Correction, just looked at my NHS Contributory Cost of NHS Dental Treatment 16/11/20 and this Extraction was £62.10 which included the X-ray and first visit.

Now subject to modest inflation rises.

Mark

He told me my tooth had died due to Influenza and a subsequent Inflammatory Response.

Online BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 05 March 24 17:00 GMT (UK) »
How much will I pay for NHS dental treatment?

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/dentists/how-much-will-i-pay-for-nhs-dental-treatment/

Bear in mind
"Some people do not have to pay for NHS dental treatment."

My Wife says the NHS Dentist used to claim the balance from the Government and I believe Dentists still do, where a person pays the above NHS rates, in the link.

But Dentists are saying the outlay of running a Dentist Practice is pretty huge and most want to go Private and the Private Fees seem to be out of the question for a lot of people.

I've noticed that if you are referred by an NHS Dentist to a Private one and you accept, then it seems you pay the NHS Dentist his charge and the Private Dentist his Fee.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 06 March 24 09:40 GMT (UK) »
Gosh that would be expensive!

The work the private Dentist wants to do is one continuous crown over all my lower incisors because the top edge is worn away, that was to be £6,000.
My argument was if one of them needs a root canal filling the whole lot would have to come away —— as it is my gums have receded so there is no enamel
along the lower gum line and that is sensitive too.
Why not enamel along the gum line and top fillings when if and needed .£6,000 was 2020,pre Covid ,vastly more expensive now.
In addition I have Osteoporosis ,and when teeth are extracted your jaw thinks it is becoming redundant and you can self absorb it ,I would end up looking like the witch of Ramsbottom !
The penalty paid for extreme Hyperemisis in pregnancy ie morning ( noon and night ) sickness for months, all three babies.
That stomach acid washing over your teeth thousands of times a day !
Have a rinse out to take the taste away and then it starts all over again.

Ah well, it willl be sorted but yes Roobarb It has happened before ,me telling him I had a small cavity when he dudn’t mention one.
You see him first,then the hygienist a few weeks later and her report means another visit then another for the filling .Paying each time.
He us rapidly becoming known as a bandit !
But I could not get in anywhere when my Dentist of many years retired , this one was just setting up and had vacancies but it was Job’s Choice, no others in a reasonable distance had vacancies .

A nice morning , did a bit of gardening yesterday afternoon ,pruning dead stalks etc.
My Captain Sir Tom rose is full of fat buds .
Wonder what that bird was, have looked but none have an ordering a pizza call !

Well must get on.
Hope all are alright and those with health problems some improvement.
Cheerio.Viktoria.

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 06 March 24 13:02 GMT (UK) »
A busy week for me, starting last Saturday with a visit to hospital for CT and MRI scans related to my melanoma.  Sunday = nothing.  Monday visit to GP for blood sample to be taken, then to the Physiotherapist, and finally a visit to the eye hospital for my first consultation related to cataracts.  Tuesday = nothing.  Today a telephone consultation related to my melanoma, and now I have just received a call to say that my first cataract removal will be tomorrow morning.

Hopefully nothing else.  :-X :-X
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY